Looking for a new house in DE

Well if you move to the area your looking at I’m only a few minutes away!!! :-)###

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:21, topic:8244”]
Well if you move to the area your looking at I’m only a few minutes away!!! :-)###[/quote]

We’ve selected a community just south of Smyrna.

Puts you just 90 minutes away from Dr. Macs. Not bad :slight_smile:

Which hood you coming to? Prob 5 min from my house. There is like 6 developments by me.

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:24, topic:8244”]
Which hood you coming to? Prob 5 min from my house. There is like 6 developments by me.[/quote]

Hickory Hollow, off Brenford Road. I;m going to need to find out where the best places to shop, i.e. groceries, hardware, restaurants, etc.

Yup 5min away, lowes is 10min down 13 into dover as is all the other stuff,mall,movies,dover downs, as for groceries there is redners,walmart towards dover and food lion and acme in smyrna. Dont worry when you get down here its not very hard to find stuff. Most of it is either 13 north or 13 south. That will get you to almost everything in this area.

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:26, topic:8244”]
Yup 5min away, lowes is 10min down 13 into dover as is all the other stuff,mall,movies,dover downs, as for groceries there is redners,walmart towards dover and food lion and acme in smyrna. Dont worry when you get down here its not very hard to find stuff. Most of it is either 13 north or 13 south. That will get you to almost everything in this area.[/quote]

That’s good to know. I’ll probably do a little more traveling up and down 13 to see whats around now that we have selected a house design and lot. I’m not sure yet, wether I’m going to keep the boat or sell it, since I don’t trailer it, and most marina’s are a bit of a hike from the area.

Now I have an excuse on why I’m fishing in their ponds!! PBJ! :GOLD)

Whens the big date?

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:29, topic:8244”]
Whens the big date?[/quote]

Still have to sell current house before they will start building. Once they start they said it would be about 4 months depending on weather. So, most likely sometime in the early spring of '16.

Gotcha. Hurry up we need some more reefers down this way :-)###

OK, the house has sold, and the build start date is 5/19, with an approximate settlement date of mid August. So, I’ll need to find: good barber for me and hair dresser for Lynn, Doctor’s including: GP’s, Cardiologist, Orthopedist, Dentist, etc. Although I may not need them right away, Electricial and Plumbing contractor’s. I will be getting pricing for fence and decking, almost right away. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats, Jim!

Pierce fencing is right down the road from you and they have great customer service.

Hey Jim, where did or will you move to?

[quote=“reefman66, post:35, topic:8244”]
Hey Jim, where did or will you move to?[/quote]

Smyrna. The foundation has been poured, and back filled as of last Wednesday. We go down about once a week to see the progress, and should be making settlement around mid August.

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

nice, Jim. i’m sure you can’t wait to move in. will we be going back into reefing? lol

Thanks A, we can’t wait to move. We’ve been living in a 240 sf studio apt. since mid April, Me, Lynn and a black Lab including the kennel. Although I’ll have to start from scratch, I’ll probably set up another tank, but it will have to wait for a couple of other projects, i.e. deck, patio and fence to name a few.

[quote=“ricerocketms, post:34, topic:8244”]
Pierce fencing is right down the road from you and they have great customer service.[/quote]

I would do some reasearch 1st, there is a neighborhood chatroom that im in and smeone in the area has had some issues with these folks. Not me i have not used them just what was said a few weeks ago. :TWOCENTS i pit my own fence up so i cant help much else.

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:39, topic:8244”]

[quote=“ricerocketms, post:34, topic:8244”]
Pierce fencing is right down the road from you and they have great customer service.[/quote]

I would do some reasearch 1st, there is a neighborhood chatroom that im in and smeone in the area has had some issues with these folks. Not me i have not used them just what was said a few weeks ago. :TWOCENTS i pit my own fence up so i cant help much else.[/quote]

I have been doing some research on line, but thought someone on this site might have a good source for these trades.

Hey, since I don’t have a tank at the moment, maybe I should do a “House” build thread. ::thinking::