LRS "Frenzy" Foods comes to DE!!

Hello everyone!!

I wanted to introduce myself and my premium blend of aquarium foods made with ingredients sourced from the Carolina coast. But first, I wanted to say that I grew up in West Chester, PA and spent a lot of time in the Delaware Valley, even attending West Chester University to obtain a B.S Degree in Criminal Justice. After two years as a Chester County Deputy Sheriff, we relocated to a small farm in NC to enjoy a little more open space. Since our food business has gone viral, I have just resigned from a ten year career as a patrol officer in a city of 350,000 people.

More about that here: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=zxoypqlab&v=001Etp3ZLRMl6ckt9um4_Gq_q1YwbREdgSQkQXS_5byLwRnATXn7dgjeBKWkLvK34qR_ffjAyZxCL6XX-8g8frlhS6CCR46VkQVDYDzFwtXOF0ECVFXEplmSzV2SNVS0skOLx7uPB3EvGc%3D

So let me tell you a little about our company…

We have grown from a small start up business making food for two local reef stores in our home town, to currently shipping hundreds of packs each week of our frozen food all over the country.

We have expanded our reach through club group buys and mailing samples to various aquarium stores. Our last exposure to the Atlanta Reef Club gained us 8+ stores in GA in two weeks…all from just sampling our fresh food blends. We also have the large online retailer, “Premium Aquatics” stocking our blends. PBJ!

We recently did a group buy underway in Richmond, VA and here are the comments from a first time user…

“This stuff rocks! My fish go nuts for it. Every one comes out to eat. I am sold and will be the only stuff I order going forward. I still have cubes of store bought stuff and tested this in two containers. Reef frenzy in one and store bought cubes in the other. All I could see in the reef frenzy was food in the water. That’s it the water was crystal clear but the store bought cube’s water was murky and soupy looking. I’m not one to waste money so I won’t was the store bought stuff but now instead of four cubes daily I feed one mixed with the reef frenzy. Thank you Larry!!!”

The whole 38 post thread is posted here…Reef Frenzy Feedback

I hope to have someone organize a group buy for this club so you all can try some great food at a discounted price. Hopefully, a store or two will catch on as well and carry it in the future. ( For stores reading this…I have tons of business references if required, and promise your customers will love it!!! We can ship via 2 day ground with dry ice and have aggressive promotions to make it very affordable to ship.)

We are now a full time food production company which built our foundation on solid relationships with our stores, and listening to the needs of our customer base.

You can skip the long narrative below and simply view our products and ingredients here:LRS PREMIUM REEF FOODS

Here is a link to a simple comparison chart of our foods side-by-side:
http://www.larrysreefservices.com/uploads/LRS_FOODS_FEEDING_FLYER.pdf

There are plenty of testimonials and photos of our ingredients posted on our website… www.ReefFrenzy.com

If you care to learn how our products got fast tracked to 50+ stores please read this lengthy biography… :SURRENDER

Also, keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming “Product Spotlight” to be published in Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine this year!

I live with my son and wife of 20 years on a small farm in Davie County, NC with a few horses and other critters. We got bit bad by the Reefing “Bug” a couple years ago and we currently have over 600 gallons of aquariums in our home. I am very OCD and due to my attention to detail, the local fish store entrusted me to do service work for their clients on my days off from patrol. So, I formed an LLC, bought insurance, and began to install tanks, help with newbie problems, and basically field calls from his 400 or so customer base. I studied everything “Reefing” and had the benefit to speak freely with a published Marine Biologist that lives nearby. During this period I flew to LA with the LFS owner for a week and toured the facilities where a lot of the fish we buy are housed prior to shipping. I also saw how stressed and malnourished these fish are. They are often deliberately not fed to avoid production of ammonia in the shipping bag to the LFS.

Soon after this my wife started to get tired of 15 packs of food in the freezer, even though SHE is the reason we have so many tanks. She loves every fish in the ocean, and thinks she can have them all …

I was sick and tired of spending a half hour a night to feed all our various Reef and FOWLR tanks.

So I began a quest to develop a “cleaner” (than store bought “cuisines”) less mushy food that would let me feed easier and reduce the expense and volume of food in the freezer. I studied almost everything published on marine nutrition, and also “googled” everything online regarding DIY foods and essential nutrition. (Police work is often very boring so I had a lot of time to read.)

What a lot of folks don’t realize is that there is a big difference between a fish living and a fish thriving because they are getting a balanced and varied diet of marine organisms.

So before I bore everyone to death…where’s the good stuff about the food!

I began to purchase wholesale seafood from the Carolina Coast last May and started to mix, rinse, shred, and blend 20+ some ingredients. We peeled hundreds of pounds of fresh caught shrimp, fillet perch, cleaned squid, strained scallops, shucked oysters, etc. With the help of the same LFS we packaged one ounce samples and gave out HUNDREDS of them with my business card and told people to email comments GOOD AND BAD. The response was overwhelming so, I thought “I may be on to something.” I then sought PhD advice on our blend’s ratio of proteins and fats and had it lab tested and approved by the NC Dept. of Agriculture and Commerce. The lab results are posted on our website.

Our first blend was not perfect, it was a little “mushy” and had too much spirulina.

But we kept blending, rinsing and LEARNING how to create the cleanest, most diverse food out there. You may ask, “What does a cop know about fish food?” I humbly submit that I am not a biologist, but I spoke with several and read, and read and read. The bottom line is I DIDN’T INVENT ANYTHING…I simply took all the stuff in your freezer and put into a FRESHER single package…that’s it!!!

I created CONVENIENCE…and BINGO thats what it seems the reef keeping world wants because we are shipping hundreds of packs a week, every week.

Soon word got out via our local forum, Carolina Fish Talk, and we started giving out samples to moderators of other sites, reef clubs and other stores. The posts that were placed online can be viewed on our Testimonials and the demand for the food exploded. You HAVE To read those for a good laugh…I mean people said our food allowed them to heal sick fish, it made them less scared… and they wrote their fish ate out of their hands. I can’t make that stuff up…its posted on Carolina Fish Talk and Reef Sanctuary by the author, I simply cut and pasted it to my site.

The rest they say is history…

Since our original blend we released a perfect Omnivore/Carnivore blend with the same basic seafood ingredients found in all our blends, and it is named “Fish Frenzy.” This December we released the “HERBIVORE FRENZY” food which is unlike ANYTHING in the market today. Picture soaking green/purple Nori and sea lettuce in SELCO and Garlic Dosed RO water and then adding it to the base Omnivore Mixture. When that Nori soaks up that seafood brine while in your freezer, your fish go nuts and you can forget about that silly algae clip.

We literally went from mixing food in a five gallon bucket in our kitchen last June to having a 100% food grade stainless steel processing facility. All utensils are sterile and your food never goes more than 15 feet from the ice packed seafood delivery box to final flash freezing HOBART $3,000 freezer. We have applied for REEF FRENZY to be our Federal Trademark and are currently working with a chemist in the development of food additives and delivery methods to improve fish health.

We are proud to sponsor many web forums and have stocking dealers from FL to MA. Coralgasm.com is a great customer of ours who distributes our food to their service customers, and feeds it to their propagation tanks.

I hope some of you browse our website at LRS PREMIUM REEF FOODS

I created the website and take pride that all the photos are of our livestock. I also personally oversee the filling, and processing of every single pack of food sold. My son and wife assist in applying the labels to the USDA Food Grade 4 Mil Poly bags, and our operation is a labor of love and family business. We pride ourself on being “small time”, and not selling out to automated equipment which sacrifices quality. We can crank out several hundred packs of food in under 4 hours, all while keeping your food ingredients below 50 degrees and in a sterile environment.

Just as I have devoted my life to public service, I would do anything I can for a fellow hobbyist to aid getting your fish to eat, be vibrant and remain healthy.

We just returned from the SC Aquaria Trade show where I was a guest speaker on Marine Nutrition and enriched foods.

Thanks for reading all this…I thank you for your support as we truly are a family owned business as well as devoted hobbyists.

Here is a picture thread showing some of my tanks:

http://delreefclub.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=7029.msg66330#msg66330
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter, since we are trying to build up our followers on both.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/LarrysReefServices

Larry DuPont
Owner
LRS FOODS, LLC

Here is my son being a salesman and a cool youtube video link below that you won’t want to miss of a local reef tank!

Seth’s Amazing Reef Tank - YouTube

This is your “brain” on Reef Frenzy!!!

Welcome to the club Larry!!

I’ll be the first to jump in here - I’ve tried Larry’s food (and while I think it needed more salt and a dash of tobasco) the fish LOVED it. Nice chunks of meat floating through the tank for all of the fish and anemones to enjoy. My clan really did go nuts for it, they look like kamikaze bombers when it’s feeding time. They hit the cloud of food so hard it doesn’t have a chance to make it to the sand bed.

Thanks Craig for the positive feedback!

I found out today that our foods will be in the “New Product Spotlight” of Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine’s May edition.

Thanks!

Larry

OK my friends I have an offer you can’t refuse…

If you visit our website at ReefFrenzy.com you can see that the southeast region loves our foods and our products have a huge following of hobbyists, as demonstrated on our Testimonial page.

My goal is to get LRS foods into stores in MD, PA, DE and NJ.

So here is the offer…

If you order food shipped to your home I will discount the shipping and include an extra package and some postcards with our website and bullet point benefits about our foods. If you deliver this sample pack to your favorite store, do a feeding demo AND THEY PLACE AN ORDER…I will give you a FREE pack of food when I ship their order. I will write your name on the package and you can pick it up when they receive the shipment.

Folks, it is no accident how we went from mixing food in a bucket in our kitchen last year to being stocked by 50+ retail stores and now running a stainless steel commercial production facility. We offer a food blend which is fresher, cleaner, more rinsed, and more diverse than any manufacturer.

As a matter of fact, we are on the home page of www.premiumaquatics.com which is a national retailer! Scroll down to the new products and we are on the lower left.

“You have fed the rest, now try the best…”

Thanks for your support,

Larry
Owner, LRS Foods, LLC

I wanted to post an email I just received from a customer in PA who saw this thread, checkout our website and placed an order. He owns an 1,000+ gallon system…

Here was his experience after a few days:

"Larry,
I am simply amazed at the 5 day feeding frenzy and eating out of the hand you had described to me. Unbelievable!! Fish crack I’d say! What the hell are you putting in this stuff. Dumb fish eat it frozen while you’re holding on to it trying to pull it from your hand. Thought I was gonna have a jumper to get to it.

I could see it in a pred tank but a 7” Fox face, Tangs and Clownfish etc doing it?? Amazing!

No lie no bull Its true people. Never seen anything like it. Keep up the good work!"

All the best,

Frank P, Hatfield PA

I was feeding my fish today when I realized I have a fox face addicted to our “fish crack” who likes to eat it right from the tap. The seafood soaked nori, sea lettuce and blanched broccoli is irresistible. This video was shot after thawing Herbivore Frenzy in some tank water, then sucking it up the mix and going straight to the tank. No rinsing or straining…now I guess I need to install a baby nipple…LOL

Enjoy!

Larry