Mag pumps - Pond vs non?

Can someone tell me the difference between these two pumps? Looks like one is for ponds and one is for aquariums, but is there really a difference? Ones cheaper!

Pond Mag pumps
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9372

Mag pumps

What size are you looking for? I have a 700 that just need an impeller and a fully functional 1200 that I’m not using.

seems like the pondmaster has small internal differences. like the standard mag pumps have NO internal seals to go bad and no oils that may leach. and the aquarium pump uses less energy… only things i saw different. (then again, the pond pump motors are epoxy filled to keep oils and such from leaching, so i dunno)

[quote=“fishguy9, post:3, topic:1765”]
seems like the pondmaster has small internal differences. like the standard mag pumps have NO internal seals to go bad and no oils that may leach. and the aquarium pump uses less energy… only things i saw different. (then again, the pond pump motors are epoxy filled to keep oils and such from leaching, so i dunno)[/quote]

Your right, does look like it said the aquarium pump has NO oils, whereas the pond one is epoxy filled, wonder how that compares to other pumps. The energy ratings looked the same though…

[quote=“CableReef, post:2, topic:1765”]
What size are you looking for? I have a 700 that just need an impeller and a fully functional 1200 that I’m not using.[/quote]

I was looking for a 9.5…I might be interested in the 1200, PM me a price?

No, there is no differences in the pumps. the only difference is in the length of the power cord. Aquarium pumps have a 6-8 foot power cord, and pond pumps have an 18 foot power cord. so as you can dump it in the middle of a big pond and still reach the power outlet on the side of the pond. most building specs require an outlet within 6 feet of any corner, door.?/ or something like that. so ergo … 6 foot appliance plugs on everything for the home. Ponds are, Uhhh… Bigger.

i ordered this from this site, came in the standard magdrive box, no mention of pond, i called them and they said there is no difference, mine has the short cord.

ps its also not silver like in that picture.

I called up Drs Foster and smith (or w/e) and the lady said wow, there is nothing different, but that one is cheaper…Ok lets order it. Oh wait this one says “not for saltwater use”. So I guess theres something that will rust on the pond version and its stainless on the non-pond version?

rust (iron oxide) would still affect freshwater fish, i dont know why they would have non stainless on any of them

the screws for the impeller housing rusted kinda on my Mag 18 i got from the hidden reef… best prices… $139 normal price