Maxpect gyre

Considering trying one of these out. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them or just general thoughts on them.

I have one and it does push a lot of water and has a smallish footprint in the tank
I give it a thumbs up

I have a 150 Maxspect on one end and a Jabo at the other end. I love them both. I got the Jabo because it was cheaper, but don’t have the feature to run with Neptune APEX system to where the second gen Maxspect now can, I think.

I love them because they really move water. I have it high enough in the tank to where it will keep my sand clean and not sucking air from the top to where it makes bubbles.

In my opinion its also better than the ecotech vortech as well. If you have a big tank you would only need 1 or 2 Maxspect to where you would need 4 of the ecotech.

Hope this helps

I have the xf130(if thats right) in a 60 gallon cube (24x24x24). I run it on pulse about 40% power and it moves a good bit of water any higher and my coco worm probably wouldn’t come out anymore.
I still am torn which I like better between the gyres and the ecotechs. I love the setting ecotechs offer but the gyre moves a wider flow. I am going to try swapping the 1 side to have alternating flow direction.

I did test it when I first got it on the side of my 75 gallon tank and it really showed some power it could blow the full 4 feet. Surprising from such a small footprint.

Thanks for all the replys, seems everyones happy with them so i guess I’ll go ahead and place an order. It’ll be going in a 50 gal. Cube so I think the 130 model should be more than enough. Glad I asked here first, I read alot of reviews on them online, most were favorable, most of the cons were that they seemed cheaply made, alot of fragile parts and were a pain to take apart and clean. The one con i saw the most was lifespan, atleast 4 that said they lasted a year or less before they had motor problems but I guess time will tell on that one. Thanks again folks.

What you read is correct. The con is not taking it apart, common sense tell you how and what to do with it. It’s not that hard. My con is the internal propeller. One of the bead from my bio-pellets reactor somehow got into the propeller and broke one of the blade. It still work as it should, just one blade is missing. I have my Maxspect for little over a year now, motor still working (knock on wood), so far so good.