Mexico Pictures

So they are like cowries huh? Didn’t know that, but from playing with them that is what I would have classified them as. I found one or two w/o any spots and for some reason I thought they may be like cowries with a mantel that retracts. It’s funny though I had always thought that shell to be soft until I picked one up.

What is so bad about keeping them in an aquarium? Provided you’ve huge source of sea fan/whip/gorgonians to keep them fed? Of course I’m sure whoever was selling them neglected to mention that…

Ahh just did some reading that they are over collected and need to be protected, whelp there was no scarecty of gorgonian food source or flamingo tounges down there. Although the dive master only noticed one of them, I saw about 15, a couple the size of my big toe! Those buggers put a dent on that poor gorgonian…

Pet Kare had one for sale labeled as a tricolor cowrie. I let them know it was a a flamingo tongue and it only eats gorgonians and sea fans. He didnt give a S*

Few LFS can afford to pay knowledgeable hobbyist or people that give a… anything. Some shops though at least have owners that care. If I hit the lotto I’ll change that. They say a LFS is a great way to make a small fortune!.. out of a large one.

No fish geek speak in the lounge! :~S

Lol

was that my store? because in the past year ive been there ive yet to see any or even any coweries… unless it was the other petkare which if so its best to stick to there reptiles and birds ;D

no it was the other pet kare

Dueling Banjo’s?