My 29g bio cube seahorse tank

Thanks guys. Yes, John it’s not the big tank, but it will do for now. I do feel a satisfaction from it. Like a hit from a crack pipe, not that I know how that feels, ::rofl::

25 Nov 2013 update

Well, in 2 days this tank will have been set up for 3 weeks. Check the water parameter and everything shows good. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate I’m guessing the macro algae are using up all the nitrate and that’s why it showing 0; 0 phosphates, 440 ppm calcium, 1320 magnesium, 9 dkh for alkalinity.

So far everything is alive and kicking. Pick up a green clown goby about a week ago, he’s loving and living in that tank. He’s also getting along fine with the long spine cardinals. Zoos from Ken are always open up with vibrant colors. Pulsing xenia are pumping and attaching itself to the rock. Kenya tree offspring from Rob are attached to the rock and open up like a tree that it is. Macro algae are growing like weed and may have to trim the bunch even before the ponies even get into the tank.

Speaking of the ponies, I’m still waiting for the LFS to get them in. I can order it online, but I figured online ordering, unless I buy it from a reputable dealer the horses are wild caught and who knows how that will go. The LFS whole seller supposes to have them already feed on frozen food whenever they get them into their hands. So, for the price, less on the shipping cost, plus helping the LFS with business; I can wait till they get them in.

Meanwhile, I got a new macro picture app for my android phone, since I can’t afford to buy a camera. So, here are some pics.

FTS
Left sideRight side

Green clown goby

Kenya tree

Blue sympodium

Random zoos

looking good!

Holy crap!!! I saw the 1st few pics and thought you were making a joke about “macro” photography.

What app allows you to take such great pics with your phone?

[quote=“nerak, post:23, topic:6851”]
looking good![/quote]

Thanks Karen

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:24, topic:6851”]
Holy crap!!! I saw the 1st few pics and thought you were making a joke about “macro” photography.

What app allows you to take such great pics with your phone?[/quote]

It’s for android. It’s called magnifier & microscope(Cozy). Works pretty good. Of course with free stuff it has its quirks, just have to go with it.

WOW, the macro is all doing good. red grape too. and the sympodium really opened up nice. Hmmm, I know that long branching rock.

that is a good APP. works fine.

Thanks Ken. Everything is good. Just waiting to get some seahorses now. Yea, that app works pretty good. Can’t wait to get the horses in the tank to take some pics of them too.

The tank looks great! I love the sympodium, one of my favorite softies.

Where did you get your longspines? I’m looking to add a school to my 90 when the day finally comes.

YGPM

Tank looks great A.

heres an interesting link on their feeding, A
http://news.yahoo.com/why-seahorse-wins-head-164537474.html

Just came across this new cool seahorse variant, so I’d thought I’d share…

http://www.fusedjaw.com/breeding/introducing-the-snowshine-seahorses/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fusedjaw%2Freef_com+(FusedJaw.com%3A+Seahorses%2C+Pipefish+%26+Seadragons)

Thanks for the link Bryant. Cool color variant on that erectus, snowshine.

Designer ponies. Look pretty neat.

Any plans for the sea horses soon A? Found bluezooaquatics.com has lots of captive bred ones. The owner is pretty cool, if you have specific requests you can email him. They have responded quickly to me and have been very helpful.

Well Scott, my LFS wholesalers are supposedly having problems getting shipments in from across the country or where ever they get their stuff from. I have been shopping around online including bluezoo as well and the price that I can get from my LFS out weight the price plus shipping for online stores. The seahorse may not be as exotic as online dealers, who knows what they’ll get in, but since it will be my first I’m just gonna go for the lower price seahorse. I’ll maybe upgrade to more exotic ones once I get to know how to maintain them better.

9 Dec 2013 update

33 days exactly today. I have nothing really to update. Still waiting on the LFS to get the seahorses in and apparently the wholesaler are having hard time getting stock in from across the country or overseas where ever they get their stuff from due to weather, that’s what I’m told. :-(" #@$^

At least the macro algae are growing in nicely, in fact I’m gonna have to trim it out even before the seahorse gets in the tank.

Meanwhile I have some more macro pic to share.

Great shots A, keep them coming!!! ::thumbsup::

Thanks John.

I know a few stores did not get their orders due to the horrible weather. Have you decided to go with erectus, kuda or another type? Or whatever shows up. verdict_in

Oh - I love the red grape algae. After my 90 gets established and if you still have some, I’d love to get some of that from you.

Great looking pics! The orange highlights on the asterina are awesome!