My 40 Breeder build

So after starting with a 10 gallon reef that lasted 3 months then upgrading to a 20 long for the last 9 months I walked into Petco’s $1 per gallon sale and decided that I couldn’t pass up the deal and I love the layout of the 40 breeder so here I am doing my build.

I knew a stand would be hard to find so I figured why not build my own since I really wanted to do things right. So far I have:

40 Breeder tank
DIY 40B Stand
20H sump
40lbs pink Fiji sand
20 lbs BRS reef saver dry rock
15 lbs premium fiji rock from current 20L setup
Reefbreeders Value LED
tunze 6015
Koralia evo 1150
SCA 301 Skimmer
Rio Plus Aqua 1400 return pump
JBJ ATO
BRS reactor for GFO
Glass Holes 700gph Overflow kit
Glass Holes 3/4" return kit
eheim Jager 150w heater

I will be drilling the tank this tuesday and hopefully have it all set up and with water in it by this coming weekend to start the cycle.

Tank will be SPS dominant mixed reef so any advice would be great.

So here are a couple of pics…

IMG_20130721_155221.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

IS THE $1/GALLON SALE STILL GOING ON!?!?!?!

Edit… just read it ended the 27th… someone should post that info on the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Your build looks good so far!

very nice. The stand looks great.

[quote=“bz350, post:3, topic:6482”]
very nice. The stand looks great.[/quote]

[quote=“jtnova13, post:2, topic:6482”]
Your build looks good so far![/quote]

Thank You.

So I had an early surprise in the mail today and decided to get a head start…

Looks like its coming along…

Any progress

Haven’t updated in a while due to being busy with work and on vacation but my transfer from my 20 long was unsuccessful and pretty much lost all my coral. I developed a bad bacterial bloom that i’m nearing the end of which caused my tank to look like 40 gallons of milk. My 2 clowns and purple firefish are fine though so i started to slowly add some coral from my other system to see how they fare with pretty good results so far and I also ditched the LED’s and got a used 6x24 ATI Sunpower which I absolutely love! Here is a current FTS as of yesterday.

I’m sorry you lost so much, how did it start? Idk where ur at but if u trek up to new castle you can have a free hammer and teal candy cane when ur ready to add more frags.

Swing by anytime I have some Hollywood stunner chalice that you can have also. I’m in dover

Thank you guys so much for the offers. I will take you up on the offers as soon as I am 100% over this stringy bacteria. I also have a WP-25 in the mail that I want to set up before making any additions.