My nano tank

Fluval 2 gal desktop nano tank.
It’s been up for about three weeks now. going to start adding corals this Friday!

First :Welcome) to DRC. What kind of corals are you planning on putting in there? I see a clownfish and a snail and one huge rock. Are there any others? how about some set up detail? lighting, sump, skimmer, water parameter?

First, welcome to DRC! :Welcome)
Wow, it takes some stones to do a 2 gallon, with a fish to boot! Not impossible by any means but challanging. I thought I was crazy to do it in an 8g. I run led lights (wavepoint), eshopps skimmer, hydor circulation & return and standard filter/charcoal pad. So far so good with 50% WC every 10 days. Id love to learn more about your setup & how it all works out for you. Keep us posted, small tanks are cool.

Beside the clown fish there three snails and two smaller crabs. This next part may shock you but I have only have the build in three stage filter that pumps 40gph but my biology is 2 inches of crushed coral and 7ib of live rock. Which corals im get idk just yet what can handle 6700k light? I’m working on adding a 4th stage to the filter .

nice tank. maybe zoos for color and a little pulsing xenia for the clowns to play in? depends on the output of the lights.

That’s crazy! I’ve always had a hard time keeping nano’s and so far my only “successful” one is 25 gallons.

I really like how that rock fills up the entire space - makes it look a lot larger than what it is.

:Welcome) That’s a cool little tank. I tried a 7.5 gallon mr. aqua and I could never stay on top of it enough to keep parameters in check along with my 40 breeder so I ended up taking it down. definitely not impossible but challenges make this hobby fun. Good luck with it!

ahh a fellow nano reefer! let me know if you need any help with this beautie, also some zoas and rics will look amazing in here.

Nice little tank

Great start and welcome to the club

How bout some cheap ol’ green star polyps? ::thinking:: They might serve as an indicator if your parameters get out of whack. If I had a tank that small I would take it everywhere with me

That what I got! I love the look them anyway! < I’ll post some pics today.

YahoO

Congratulations. Good luck

What type of lighting do you have on the tank? How often do you measure the water parameter? and where are they at right now?

It’s LED but it rated at 6700(mid-day) and the salinity 33/1.024. I haven’t tested anything in last few days. I’m having a slight algae problem but nothing a little algaefix can’t fix! ::thumbsup::

Have this tank been cycle? you think the algae bloom is due to cycling? you mention it has only been up for three weeks. Did you use any of that bacteria stuff to set up the tank? you think 6700K LED will be OK for the types of corals you planning on keeping?

Yeah the crushed coral and the water both came out of Mick’s display tank that the fish bowl. Mick is helping me out when comes to selecting corals. I’m not going to lie its a lot of work but so far its paying off YahoO

What about water flow?

I have a 40 gph pump