My new addition

I realized I don’t have a thread for showing my tank so this one will change periodically as I post pics and build my tank(s). Today (4/15/12) I bought a Solar fairy wrasse at that fish place. He just acclimated and the lights are off so no pics yet… Diana has wanted one for a while so she is happy. Bonus, they sometimes eat flat worms. The last fairy wrasse I had jumped through a REALLY small opening in the egg crate top and cooked under the lights. Hope this one is better… < More to follow, hope to find a better camera as the AWB on mine looks bad.

[quote=“Scottman81, post:1, topic:5365”]
I realized I don’t have a thread for showing my tank so this one will change periodically as I post pics and build my tank(s). Today (4/15/12) I bought a Solar fairy wrasse at that fish place. He just acclimated and the lights are off so no pics yet… Diana has wanted one for a while so she is happy. Bonus, they sometimes eat flat worms. The last fairy wrasse I had jumped through a REALLY small opening in the egg crate top and cooked under the lights. Hope this one is better… < More to follow, hope to find a better camera as the AWB on mine looks bad.[/quote]

Can’t wait to see! Good luck with the Fairy Wrasse. They never work out in my tank… :SURRENDER

Best regards,
Josh

[quote=“StoneReefer_210, post:2, topic:5365”]

I realized I don’t have a thread for showing my tank so this one will change periodically as I post pics and build my tank(s). Today (4/15/12) I bought a Solar fairy wrasse at that fish place. He just acclimated and the lights are off so no pics yet… Diana has wanted one for a while so she is happy. Bonus, they sometimes eat flat worms. The last fairy wrasse I had jumped through a REALLY small opening in the egg crate top and cooked under the lights. Hope this one is better… < More to follow, hope to find a better camera as the AWB on mine looks bad.[/quote]

Can’t wait to see! Good luck with the Fairy Wrasse. They never work out in my tank… :SURRENDER

Best regards,
Josh[/quote]

This is my 3rd one. I had 2 and one killed the other. I never did find the body. I guess the guilt caused it to commit suicide.

[quote=“Scottman81, post:3, topic:5365”]

[quote=“StoneReefer_210, post:2, topic:5365”]

Best regards,
Josh[/quote]

This is my 3rd one. I had 2 and one killed the other. I never did find the body. I guess the guilt caused it to commit suicide. [/quote]

They’re bi-polar…

I got a frag today from DPA, not sure what it is. The lights are off now so I will try to post a pic tomorrow so we can try to identify what it is. best I can describe is star polyps but REALLY blue, flesh & polyps. Nathan wasn’t sure of a name. Says kinda rare. Maybe one of you guys can help once I put up the pic.

Sorry really bad pic. Will repost another.

[quote=“Scottman81, post:5, topic:5365”]
I got a frag today from DPA, not sure what it is. The lights are off now so I will try to post a pic tomorrow so we can try to identify what it is. best I can describe is star polyps but REALLY blue, flesh & polyps. Nathan wasn’t sure of a name. Says kinda rare. Maybe one of you guys can help once I put up the pic.[/quote]
Only thing I could imagine it being is Blue Sympodium. Even without seeing it first I can pretty much guarantee that ID. It’s a rare encrusting soft coral. I have a huge chunk. I’m glad to hear it’s finally making it’s rounds. Please do post that picture, we’ll ID that thing!

If they are Blue Sympodium, place em about mid way up. Mine hated the sand, so I actually put it up on frag rack. The polyps are 3 times larger than when I bought it.

A really beautiful unappreciated coral. Here’s a pic for comparison purposes.

So here is the best pic I can get with a cell phone right now. It’s still a little pissed off.

I wanted to post some pics of my tank so here we go.

Fish:
Solar fairy wrasse (R.I.P.)

Lyre tail anthias

Pair of black clowns “the wiggles”

Pink spot goby

There is a bunch of others that I need to take a good pic of

Some corals:

Zoanthids

Acan

Galaxea

Green poci

Forget this name, some call it saltwater cactus

Mystery acro

Forgot full tank shot

[quote=“Scottman81, post:7, topic:5365”]
So here is the best pic I can get with a cell phone right now. It’s still a little pissed off.
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u388/Scottman1981/IMG_20120418_211809.jpg[/quote]

That is in fact Blue Sympodium, Nice buy! ::thumbsup::

Really nice tank BTW! I’m diggin the clowns… in fa t you’ll be lucky if my Girlfriend (Jess) wouldn’t try to swipe 'em… she kinda has a clown obsession lmao, I’ve stopped trying to intervene. :SURRENDER

The solarensis fairy wrasse died. It appears the “bulldozers” turbo snails caused a rock slide and he was the unfortunate landing pad. I am very unhappy with these snails lately. they eat loads of algae but do way too much damage. (hence the name bulldozers) I think they need a time out in the quarantine tank for a while or I may do something much worse.

Scott when you are trying to show photo’s on the forum use the [.IMG] link not the other link. Sorry to hear about your wrasse that sucks.

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:14, topic:5365”]
Scott when you are trying to show photo’s on the forum use the [.IMG] link not the other link. Sorry to hear about your wrasse that sucks.[/quote]
abcd I was wondering why I could not get the pics to show.
Fixed old pics

I took a couple of pictures with the cell phone today, not too bad. Just wanted to share.
Newest acan from coral creations in New Jersey

Better pic than last one…

A couple of “hairy” mushrooms might sell one if some one is interested

Hey that kinda looks like a…

Fox coral also from Coral Creations

Duncan I picked up at The Hidden Reef today. $15. Has 4 big heads & 4 or 5 baby heads. good deal, there is more as of today when I purchased it.

Darth Maul Zoos

Mystery acro that I won in the raffle. Finally starting to grow & color up.

This came from The fish Factory today

Wow! I call dibs on the first Darth Maul Zoo frag if you ever make one. Where did you pick those guys up at?

Looks as if you are building an impressive collection.

They came from a guy named Shawn in Medford NJ. You can find him on Facebook under the name Zoanut. He has reasonable prices and is usually willing to trade stuff. They were a bit pricey for a zoa, $5 a head, I only got 3 at the time but they really took off. I hope to get a better picture of them soon. I also got some Armor of God zoo from him, nice looking.

It has been quite a LONG time since I posted a new addition to my collection. Today (4/17/13) I acquired a Nako’s fairy wrasse and a pair of captive bred baby Banggai cardnal fish. The second was no issue. The wrasse however was getting picked on and is in the sump now. If I could catch the bully he would be gone already. Pictures to follow when I can get a shot.

You are doing good Scott! your corals and frags are looking nice!