need to seal a 10 gallon that leaks

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:19, topic:934”]
It grows like a weed in my tank. Temp 79-81, salinity 35ppt.[/quote]

Well if it ever gets over grown and you need somewhere to dump some of it please let me know.

We keep it in three tanks. A 29g in Maine, a 15g here and the 90g. We have two different types, and the tank stays about 34-36 ppt and temps range depending on day.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:21, topic:934”]

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:19, topic:934”]
It grows like a weed in my tank. Temp 79-81, salinity 35ppt.[/quote]

Well if it ever gets over grown and you need somewhere to dump some of it please let me know.[/quote]

I can get you some for next months meeting ( Feb). I just need to put a small piece of rock rubble near a patch and with in 3-4 days it will grow right on it.

That’d be awesome. I have some yellow polyps, cabbage leather available now. Will probably have some nice elephant ear or hairy mushrooms available next month.

I had some for a long time. Started with 3 stalks and went to 11. Temp 78-80 35 ppt average. Nitrates about 20. Lost the entire colony when I stained and polyurethaned the bar. Had some nasty fumes in the basement for a week. Killed a lot of corals.

how do u prop it. i gotta sell 38 dollars worth lOl. i figure ur cutting it down the middle. what kind Ento ill take some.

Under the right conditions it will grow like a week and wont need any help to prop

[quote=“bz350, post:26, topic:934”]
how do u prop it. i gotta sell 38 dollars worth lOl. i figure ur cutting it down the middle. what kind Ento ill take some.[/quote]

I never purposely prop it. It is not easy to glue down. The best way that i know is just move a small rock next to the colony so that it is touching the stalks and after a few days just cut the connection with a sharp pair of scissors.

[quote=“Adictedtoswf, post:20, topic:934”]
I tried onve before without success. I started again a few months ago and they look like they were about to die and then now they comming back. Looks like they got a little bigger now and I hope this time they will be fine. [/quote]

Just curious what temp and salinity did/do you keep your tanks at? Also what do you use to measure temp and salinity?

I use a Refractometer and a digital thermometer. Salinity is at 1.024 and temp at 80.

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:28, topic:934”]
I never purposely prop it. It is not easy to glue down. The best way that i know is just move a small rock next to the colony so that it is touching the stalks and after a few days just cut the connection with a sharp pair of scissors.[/quote]

+1 I had a piece mounted to some Halimeda @ one point. As the Halimeda grew, it would frag the xenia … like a frag factory

Ento_Reefer and ronert what salinity and temps do you keep your tanks at? Just curious.

Temp is generally lower - 75-76
Salinity varies a bit, generally 1.024-1.028. Keep in mind that the salinity is NOT a daily variation, though.

And xenia is growing steady for you in 75-76*F?

seems to be … if i let the alk fall, it seems to crash, though

Cool, any idea on pH? Digital meter or test kit?

bz, to frag it what I do is take a pair of sharp scissors or an exacto knife and cut off one of the stalks. Put the stalk on a piece of rubble and put bridal veil around it (walmart sells it for like 2.00$ a square yard, which goes a LONG way) and then a rubber band. Let it sit in the tank for about a week, and then take the rubber band off and slowly slide the bridal veil off. The polyps sometimes need to be coaxed back out of the holes, but this seems to be the best way of attaching them that I have found. Just make sure the scissors are sharp (you can always buy more at the dollar store if they start to rust) and you should have a healthy new frag in about a week.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:32, topic:934”]
Ento_Reefer and ronert what salinity and temps do you keep your tanks at? Just curious. [/quote]

Temp at 79-80, salinity 35ppt.

Found this article about fraging Xenia
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/fotm/index.php