Nems

Just out of curiosity, how long do most of yall wait to add anemones to your tanks?

it really depends on the type and tank
you need to know your stable you want you don’t want to be changing flow changing additives
until the nem is well adjusted, just always be aware that a nem is dangerous if it lets go and goes through your powerhead there is a good chance it will foul the tank very fast.

I have some rainbow bubble tips that will be ready in about a week. I had 2 of them split. $30. each

Location?

Bear De.

[quote=“CKI, post:1, topic:8875”]
Just out of curiosity, how long do most of yall wait to add anemones to your tanks?[/quote]

General rule of thumb has always (or at least for as long as I can remember) been 1 year min. Like Hudzon said, you ultimately want to make sure the tank is very stable, no fluctuations in temp, salinity, flow, or other parameters.

I also generally recommend adding nems before adding any high priced corals, or permanently attaching any frags. Unlike most decorative items we put in our tanks nems are animals and will move to where they want, when they want, as often as they want in order to get the best flow, light, or food. Often times this ends up being right next to your prized 14" acropora colony that you’ve been growing from a single polyp you bought from Jason Fox for $400.

I’ll vouch for Mike’s nems, saw them last week and they’re absolutely gorgeous!!

[quote=“MarineMike5, post:3, topic:8875”]
I have some rainbow bubble tips that will be ready in about a week. I had 2 of them split. $30. each[/quote]
Wahooo mike I need one let me kno when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk