New Guy to DRC

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:18, topic:923”]

[quote=“Jocephus, post:17, topic:923”]

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:16, topic:923”]

I have been known to be generous when buying beer for good ideas and helping out :BEER

Then you have found the right club!

Coincidentally, i have been known to graciously accept beer when providing good ideas and helping out![/quote]

And I graciously accept beer for other people’s ideas and/or help![/quote]

I just drink[/quote]

LOL, You guys crack me up. Is there anything that a man won’t do for a few beers :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome Rich.

I was also going to recommend hanging your light fixture. Have you showed your wife some photos of how nice the tank could look like this? My husband was a little hesitant at first when I suggested this, but after he saw how nice it would look he was all for it.

There are so many advantages to hanging your light. I really like being able raise the fixture when I am working inside the tank, or when I change out the bulbs to acclimate the corals.

Just a few ideas.

“I still get occasional red algae”

Probably cyano bacteria and not red algae. Most red aglae are decrotive and most people have trouple keeping them. If it really is red algae you have a problem with I’ll come over and clean it out for free. Don’t even have to give me a beer.

What are you’re nitrates and phosphates normally at and which test kits do you use to test them? RO unit showing 0 tds?

Jon

Oh yeah, what is you’re feeding schedual(how often and how much?) and types of food. How long are your lights on per day?

[quote=“Gordonious, post:22, topic:923”]

Probably cyano bacteria and not red algae. Most red aglae are decrotive and most people have trouple keeping them. If it really is red algae you have a problem with I’ll come over and clean it out for free. Don’t even have to give me a beer.

What are you’re nitrates and phosphates normally at and which test kits do you use to test them? RO unit showing 0 tds?

Jon[/quote]

Hey Jon can I get you to come over and do my water change tonight lOl.

Good questions. I am wondering at what TDS readings do you change out your DI? I have been letting mine get to 2-3 before I put a new one in.

On that little tank sure. I doubt you’ll want me coming over this late though. How about tomorrow afternoon?

Flash forward to tomorrow:
Ento: “Why did you bring a bucket with a lid? I told you I had everything you would need.”
Gordonious: “I dunno, just ignore that. Oh btw, while I was taking the water out I thought I would take that dead coral out to the ‘trash’.”
Ento: “Where is that Goniopora?!”
Gordonius: “Oh look at the time. Gtg.”

[quote=“Gordonious, post:22, topic:923”]

Jon[/quote]

AHHH- I dont know… I have had FO salt for years but never did reef because every time i get something like this happen it is so frustrating that I just do a couple deep water changes and say " no reef- FO". Thanks very much for help

To answer your question- dont have a test kit but use RO water and the filter is 6 months old

[quote=“Gordonious, post:23, topic:923”]
Oh yeah, what is you’re feeding schedual(how often and how much?) and types of food. How long are your lights on per day? [/quote]

I feed once a day and change it up everyday from mysis shrimp,squid to green and have and clip for the tangs. 6 fish total in the 92g… no problems

I thought i would get a little crazy and stepped outside my comfort zone with inverts

I got a clam and cucumber and added invert food 3 times a week and got the calcuim to 400 (?) that is when i got the red

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:21, topic:923”]
LOL, You guys crack me up. Is there anything that a man won’t do for a few beers :-P[/quote]

Yes, there is something I would not do for a few beers. For example, I would not … ummm … ummmm … ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm …

… never mind. Just pass me the dang beers! :BEER

[quote=“Gordonious, post:25, topic:923”]
On that little tank sure. I doubt you’ll want me coming over this late though. How about tomorrow afternoon?

Ento: “Why did you bring a bucket with a lid? I told you I had everything you would need.”
Gordonious: “I dunno, just ignore that. Oh btw, while I was taking the water out I thought I would take that dead coral out to the ‘trash’.”
Gordonius: “Oh look at the time. Gtg.”[/quote]

Wow Jon missed the boat on this role playing scenario. Lonely house wife + Aquarium maintenance man - and he’s worried about stealing a coral!!

Poor Stef lOl

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:29, topic:923”]

[quote=“Gordonious, post:25, topic:923”]

Gordonius: “Oh look at the time. Gtg.”[/quote]

Wow Jon missed the boat on this role playing scenario. Lonely house wife + Aquarium maintenance man - and he’s worried about stealing a coral!!

Poor Stef lOl[/quote]

LOL<