New Year, New Start!

When you are in your library in photobucket, underneath the pic you want to post, there is a IMG, highlight the box to the right of IMG that says “url=http://…” by left clicking on it and then it is highlighted, right click and choose copy. Then just paste it into the reply box of the thread by right clicking in the reply box and choose paste.

[quote=“BigCase, post:19, topic:7781”]
I agree john, great start with some activity and participation. I vote that every month the day you posted in January that you update with the same pictures just update every month so we can watch the growth of our reefs.

Hope more jump on this wagon.[/quote]

Good idea. Someone will need to bug me about it, my mind and memory isn’t what it used to be.

Oh. I never knew that John. I always wondered how to do thay.

[quote=“kaptken, post:9, topic:7781”]
Nice looking tanks guys. WOW. Great plunge camera shots , Jason. Does your camera have digital picture stabilization? It seems nice and steady. Hey John, (HBM), you should check to see if your underwater camera has that feature too. your last underwater vid was a bit shakey. But Great.

Hey Jason, whats that big Red thing growing on the sand? Nice.[/quote]

Well I started the thread so it’s only right that I do as I asked.
I made some small but very beneficial additions/adjustments to my system this weekend.
First off I finally soaked and cleaned all my power heads and return pump impeller, scraped the Glass and a 40gl water change.

I had my return line coming into the tank in for ports, I cut them ou and now returning from 2 ports, 1 in each corner running penductors (flow accelerators). If you’ve ran these you know you cannot have siphon breaks drilled above these or they will not perform 100%. How did I make this work and allow for siphon break during shut down or power outage? Reverse check valve. Basically I installed a check valve backwards in my return line, power comes on it shuts the Check valve, power out, valve opens and allows air in the lines to stop the siphon. Here’s a 5mi clip of the tank, upgrades and it’s inhabitants. Hope you all enjoy. P.s. there soothing music, don’t fall asleep…

Thats a really great tank video, Casey. Those eductors are great flow multipliers with a high flow pump behind them. they do make a bit of a narrow jet stream , but with a tank your size, it has plenty of room to spread out before encountering any corals directly. they were the original big water movers. But I wouldnt trust my nice hardwood floors to check valves. Rule number one, they always leak, eventually. since they stay open most of the time, little tube worms and stuff can grow on the flapper or the valve seat. when they need to close one day, the little crusty things prop the valve flapper open a hair or more. and you may not get a full back flow, but it will seep back slowly. so if its a long power outage, over night or while you are out , the results could be the same. depeds on how depp the eductors are in the tank, and how big your sump is. Can it hold all the possible drain back?

Your tank is looking great. Glad to see the tangs are happily at work, mowing the lawn and loving the wide open spaces. Just in case good ole Al (A1AMAP) is watching, that big yellow tang is the one you passed on to me to care for when you took your tank down. and Now It’s Caseys turn to care for him. Hes getting pretty old but has a long way to go yet. Hes been in the club a long time. like maybe 8-10 years?

Hey! Nice GSP!

Thanks ken, I’m very happy with the way things are going in the tank, now time to track down a calcium reacto and set back and relax.
The check valve isn’t set to where it will be constantly open, it’s set above the water line with a elbow pointing back into the tank and when back siphon starts then it opens the check valve and sucks in air.
Here’s a demo:

I’m going to have some awesome progression pics since I’m starting from scratch this weekend! : )

I’ll update soon.

[quote=“BigCase, post:27, topic:7781”]
Thanks ken, I’m very happy with the way things are going in the tank, now time to track down a calcium reacto and set back and relax.
The check valve isn’t set to where it will be constantly open, it’s set above the water line with a elbow pointing back into the tank and when back siphon starts then it opens the check valve and sucks in air.
Here’s a demo:
[/quote]
Saw this on youtube, such a good idea.

I wanna play ;D ,new year new light and new bulbs are here. New aquascaping coming and all the corals and clams hiding in my frag tank can come back out, so here is my entry pic

Welcome back from the closet! slap-stick

[quote=“billrob71, post:30, topic:7781”]
I wanna play ;D ,new year new light and new bulbs are here. New aquascaping coming and all the corals and clams hiding in my frag tank can come back out, so here is my entry pic

[/quote]

looks great bill, can’t wait to follow the progression once everything moved back over.

Temporary holding ground until I figure out exactly how I am building a 90. Too many decisions.

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

Updated pics as of a few minutes ago.

I’m feeling a little better about the tank, I cleaned the skimmer, took it all apart and scrubbed it to death, now it’s working nicely :slight_smile: I also cleaned the Jebaos. It always amazes me how much flow you get out of those things when they’re clean.

The birdsnest - it just won’t stop. I swear I could throw this thing in the backyard and it would still grow:

Great looking tank,very healthy looking.

Tanks look great guys ::thumbsup::

That looks just like my BN and mine won’t stop growing either… and I don’t even dose verdict_in