Next Club meeting (CANCELLED)

Do we know we’re the par meter is? I would like to use it at our next meeting at my house Saturday March 21st. Someone who knows how to use it would be nice. And it will show other club members the importants in dialing in our lights and where we are in terms of placements of some of our corals.

I think @JustSumGuy still has it…

Do you have the clubs par meter? If so is it possible that you know you are coming to the meeting? We would like to know how it works and the benefits it provides to our reef tanks. If your not going to make the meeting how can I get a hold of it?

I do have it and can definitely pass it off before the meeting if I can’t make it. I want to test par again since I added a new light. Was running 500 to 800 par so hoping the g5 xr15 replacing 1 of the xr30s holds same par plus I added t5.

SO! Let’s talk coronavirus. We have a club meeting in about a week at my house. I’m 63. What is the verdict from you reefers about keeping the meeting or not because of the virus now is in Delaware now, Newark . We don’t know we’re anyone has been in the last month. Some reefers are outside the state and that’s already been a problem for some. I’m still open for the meeting but as we are getting more and more news each day. Do we error on the side of caution or go for it. Tell me your thoughts. And as a group we will decide. Thank you for you decision.

I think we should postpone. No sense taking needless risks. Reducing contact = reducing vectors for the virus. Social distancing! Please be safe everyone.

The way this is going by next week people won’t be doing a whole lot outside. Pretty sure my sons school will be shutting down here very soon along with others that have shut down locally. To bad AOL is a thing of the past we could have a chat room going while Mike skypes his tank to the group.

Limes, masks and latex gloves at the front door?

I was going to reach out to you about it Mike. I think we cancel for now and reschedule when this is over. Stay well everyone!

Yes I think it is a good idea. The meeting is official conceded.

Definitely cancel. The University is shutting down and will have online classes after spring break. My grand daughter is a freshman this year and the lab where I work is on campus. There are now 7 confirmed cases all from U Del. I think by the end of the day tomorrow only essential personal will be working at the lab.My dh is in the National Guard and they are expecting to be on standby. This is going to get much much worse before it gets better. Everyone stay safe!!!

1 Like

We just were informed at work last night an engenier at our plant, his wife at UD is one of the ones tested positive for the virus. So some of us on Third shift may be compromised. So I’m keep a low profile until I know further.

Be well @MarineMike5!

1 Like

I hope you stay healthy Mike!

2 Likes

Praying you stay healthy Mike. Everyone stay safe.

1 Like

So far so good. Feeling good.

1 Like