Odd question about âÃÃÆ

I have a couple of these little beakers and I was curious if I could use them to thaw food in the microwave and if I could put them in the dishwasher.
http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/100-ml-measuring-beaker-109.html
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Jugs-and-Cups/c55/p277/100ml-Graduated-Measuring-Cups/product_info.html

Here is some info I received on them:
“Our Measuring Cylinders are molded as one-piece in polypropylene. These autoclavable cylinders have raised prominent graduations for easy reading and have excellent contact clarity. The broad round base provides good stability.”

Now as far as I can tell that answered one question as I don’t think my dishwasher is as harsh on things as an autoclave, but not sure about microwave yet….

Perhaps I’ll start using them, but just let things thaw in tank water vs using the microwave.

Reason for the questions, I think Steph would prefer I stop using left over containers for squid, krill, and silver sides…

Reason for the questions, I think Steph would prefer I stop using left over containers for squid, krill, and silver sides…

i think were probably all guilty of that ;D

luckily, because im single i can get away with thawing fish food in a container one day and using it for food the next…or maybe im single because i do that…oh well ;D

polypropylene’s melting point is around 150-160°C, I’m betting it would work for just thawing your frozen food, but don’t quote me on it!

Or spend a little more and get some Pyrex ($6.99) It is microwave/dishwasher safe and damn hard to break.

+1 on the pyrex, prolly even less $ at walmart

+2 on pyrex n if u ever are strapped for cash u can cook up crack in the pyrex all u need is a gun n u got free reef funds

Always check the dollar store. You know, theres a fine line between bait and sushi… but i forget.

You know, theres a fine line between bait and sushi… but i forget.

ken think about it: it’s the rice. the white sorta chewy stuff that is not squid. also bait might have a hook; sushi usually doesn’t. sushi is served TO you but YOU serve the bait. bait=boat, sushi =restaurant.
remember those 4 things, and you can always tell.

[quote=“a1amap, post:4, topic:2035”]
Or spend a little more and get some Pyrex ($6.99) It is microwave/dishwasher safe and damn hard to break.

[/quote]

Even cheaper - start looking through the cabinets - I bet most women already have one of these lying around not being used. (Hint: They’re usually kept near the stove)

Sushi is just naassty.

Even cheaper - start looking through the cabinets - I bet most women already have one of these lying around not being used. (Hint: They're usually kept near the stove)

and that will just get you in trouble…

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:9, topic:2035”]

[quote=“a1amap, post:4, topic:2035”]

[/quote]

Even cheaper - start looking through the cabinets - I bet most women already have one of these lying around not being used. (Hint: They’re usually kept near the stove)[/quote]
That’s where I found the one that currently resides in my shed. (I used it to measure 1/4 gallon of gas and 19.5mL of the 2 cycle oil-didn’t want to make a full gallon) I don’t dare bring it back least she suddenly find it again and realize what I used it for.

Wow besides what I use to make PB&J that is about the only other things I know how to use in the kitchen. I use it to measure out the right amount of water to make coffee. Helps me differ between 11 hour days and 13 hour days.