Online Store Kudo's

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to let everyone know about my recent interaction with MarineDepot.com.

I bought a 48" Nova Extreme 4 x 54w T5 Light from them last week, decided to pay the extra $6 for 2 day shipping to have it before the weekend. When it got here, I started putting everything together, and noticed that both of the 10,000k bulbs were broken in half, but the actinic bulbs were not. I immediately called Marinedepot to see what my options were. They were willing to send the new bulbs 2 day air to me, but I still wouldn’t have them until probably Tuesday. Me being the impatient person I am, I didnt want to wait any longer. So I asked if they’d be willing to just refund me the price it would cost if I bought they replacement bulbs from them, minus shipping, and they said sure. So the guy I talked to refunded me back $41. I was kind of surprised they did it to be honest, and didnt want proof that the bulbs were actually broken.

I will definitely keep this business on my list of first looks for goods.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I could go buy them locally and get them sooner. However, doesnt seem like anyone has them locally… Should have checked around first…

Doh! oooops shoulda took them up on the offer lol

Sweet, I think you can go and grab two replacement bulbs from DPA, I think their $20 a piece.

Called up there this morning, they only have 1 Current 10k. If they had 2, i’d be on my way up there in a heartbeat. Fish Bowl has ordered some and should be in on Thursday, Ill probably go pick them up on Thursday from them.

My little brother works at Petsmart in Dover, if they get any in before Fish Bowl, imma grab them from there.

Personally, I like the UVL T5s they have at DPA better. just an old trusted brand name bulb. I like their phosphors.

Well when I called up to DPA, the lady I spoke with first said they did have 10k t5 bulbs, at $59.99 each… which made me choke a little. When I questioned the price, she realized it wasn’t the right thing, then came back and said they only had one and it was made by Current. So I didn’t drive up there, would have been a 45 min waste of a drive for 1 bulb. I may call back up there today, and ask again, to see if someone else can help me, I think you are the second person that has told me the DPA usually has them in stock.

Call and check with Charlie. it sounds like you got the price for a NO fixture. DPA carries UVL bulbs and usually has them in stock, and they are $20 a piece.

I was in there yesterday and 90% sure they had some 4’ T5 UVLs in there. Like Craig said call again! Of course if you can get 'em closer it would save you 45 mins, but if you haven’t been up there DPA has got a decent amount of corals.

the UVL 10K is called the AQUASUN, theres a 50/50 and an Act03 and the new 75/25 ast/daylight mix too. all in stock hangin on the pegboard. usually a couple of each type and length. if i need more than 2 i usually have them order some. not many places around here carry T5s . but DPA does. and if you dont see your brand? well, call and ask, they may get them on order.

I actually just got a package from there this weekend. I called every LFS within 50-60 miles trying to find revive and gave several of the stores a couple of weeks to bother their vendors. Ended up ordering on marine depot and the transaction was seamless. Shipping was a little slow, but I was too cheap to pay for two day, so that’s my fault I suppose.

Yeah I am normally too cheap for 2 day air also, but for the extra $6 or whatever it was, I couldn’t pass it up.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:10, topic:1670”]
I actually just got a package from there this weekend. I called every LFS within 50-60 miles trying to find revive and gave several of the stores a couple of weeks to bother their vendors. Ended up ordering on marine depot and the transaction was seamless. Shipping was a little slow, but I was too cheap to pay for two day, so that’s my fault I suppose. [/quote]

So nobody local has revive? I was wanting to get some of it and try it out.

well, ask DPA and see if REVIVE is available on his suppliers list. if so you can get it in a few days. Or you can join the DSAS Diamond State Aquarium Society, the local Freshwater tank club and buy some raffle tickets. I’ve won TWO 500 ml bottles of the stuff the past couple months in that raffle. I like it. It seems to work good and not harm the new corals i put in the tank or frags i make. There has been some feed back that it also kills acro eating flat worms, red bugs and monti eating flat worms. kinda smells like pineSol. Fresh! like Irish Spring!

So I got mine! Try some. it couldn’t hurt.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:10, topic:1670”]
I called every LFS within 50-60 miles trying to find revive and gave several of the stores a couple of weeks to bother their vendors.[/quote]

Ken… which stores do you think I asked if they could get it from their venders? lol The last I spoke with DPA they can not get it. I also contacted TLF, aka Mr. Sprung, and he said there is not shortage and shouldn’t be any reason why our LFS can’t get it. I tried.

What can i say. each store deals with a different set of wholesalers, that dark mysterious bunch of proprietary procurers of mythical stuff. no body carries everything on the market. they have favorites they carry(sweeter deal for them) and those they dont… so you know how it goes. like shopping on line . you find one that has more of the items you want and try to fill in the blanks elswhere.

What can i say, even a place as big as TFP doesnt have enough shelf space to carry this item, and many others on the market. they always narrow the selection of stock items. for what ever reason they choose.

although it’s available at most of the major online stores. What can i say… You can’t Always get what you want? If you need some, bring a clean, dry small water bottle with cap. I seem to have extra. But it might cost you a frag??

Yellow polyps? lol

So I messed up. I just assumed there was no point in even checking with William’s Greenbank as he doesn’t carry a lot of dry goods… Dropped by today and there was several of them sitting on the shelf. Opps. Suppose I didn’t check with every LFS.

I got it from marine depot and used the stuff tonight. Lights went out after dip, so I didn’t stick around to see if I had a lot of polyp extension.(also transfered tanks, so they were hit with a 1 2 stresser combo.) Will post again when I have a little more experience on it.(Revive that is)

Just don’t sniff it. smells like pinesol.

Lol I had to sniff it last night because you had said it smelled like pinesol and I had to find out for myself. Can’t wait to get home and see how the corals are doing in my display tank.