Parallel Vs. Perpendicular?

My new Halide Reflectors are arriving today. I’m going to be mounting them in the canopy and space is TIGHT if I want to keep the 3 Led units for their Royal Blue at night.

I was wondering how much of an impact it would make if I mounted the reflectors perpendicular to the hood instead of parallel? I think it’s important to take a look at the shape of the reflector in the first place…

http://www.aquacave.com/250w-metal-halide-hqi-parabolic-reflector-with-lens.html

The units measure 6 x 11". Most of the references I’ve found online say that a 250 HQI bulb lights a 2x2’ footprint. But I kind of doubt that’s the footprint this particular reflector would make. It appears to me that it will distribute light more in one direction than the other.

This particular reflector looks like it’s designed to reflect light mostly front to back. Wouldn’t I get more coverage by orienting it perpendicular in the first place?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

This is what I’m talking about. This is a scale drawing of how I’m considering installing the Metal Halides under the hood. All five lighting units will fit if I arrange them like this.

I should mention the t5’s aren’t shown in this pic. They’re independent of the hood since they are sitting on the glass bracers.