Paul needs your ballz please

::rofl::Ok so molikin is have a problem with his koi pond and we are attempting to make a skimmer of sorts.so what we are looking for is those bio balls that your not using.im not sure if Paul will pay you for them but I’m sure he will chime in. So if your willing to donate them for our little project we would love to have them.

wow a problem with his pond now geeze! I think pauls a witch him and water don’t get along. I thought i saw a broomstick hanging in his basement. I think you should sell anything that contains water paul and get a gerbil or something ::rofl:: oh yeah get a scruber on that pond Algae scrubber - Wikipedia

- YouTube looks yummy

I have 4-6 bags of red lava rock i was going to use for a bio filter for the koi pond i have never built. free for the asking. makes great media. even have a 50 gallon blue poly barrel for the filter. got it from the Barrel Man 4 years ago. just taking up room out in the back porch.

I also have an invention i call the “Scum Sucker” that will filter the loose debris and algea floating arournd clouding up the pond. its an air lift thingy. works real good. easy to clean.

Whatchu need Paul?

I also have some purdy big koi if you like. need to find them a home. 14-18 inch?

paul… paul… oh no he melted lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I have some of those bio balls if you guys need them. Big ones! (bio balls)

[quote=“reefman66, post:6, topic:5285”]
I have some of those bio balls if you guys need them. Big ones! (bio balls)[/quote]
how can i get them, a?

[quote=“kaptken, post:4, topic:5285”]
I have 4-6 bags of red lava rock i was going to use for a bio filter for the koi pond i have never built. free for the asking. makes great media. KEN, THE WORD I AM READING IS NOT TO USE LAVA ROCK IN THIS TYPE OF SKIMMER even have a 50 gallon blue poly barrel for the filter. got it from the Barrel Man 4 years ago. just taking up room out in the back porch.

I also have an invention i call the “Scum Sucker” that will filter the loose debris and algea floating arournd clouding up the pond. its an air lift thingy. works real good. easy to clean. WELL, THE ONLY STUFF THAT’S FLOATING AROUND IS THE ALGAE. RIGHT NOW I GOTTA CONCENTRATE ON THE FOAM.HERE’S A PIC

Whatchu need Paul?

I also have some purdy big koi if you like. need to find them a home. 14-18 inch? DON’T ABSO DO NOT WANT ANY MORE KOI
[/quote]
THANKS

[quote=“dunk, post:2, topic:5285”]
wow a problem with his pond now geeze! I think pauls a witch him and water don’t get along. I thought i saw a broomstick hanging in his basement. I think you should sell anything that contains water paul and get a gerbil or something ::rofl:: oh yeah get a scruber on that pond http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_scrubber[/quote]
first of all, dunkster, the broom is probably closer than you realize. as ms o’donnell proclaimed, “I am not a witch!”
anyway algae scrubber seems like the way to go for something small: from the article:
The basic size of an algae scrubber is one square inch (6.25 square cm) of screen for every gallon (3.8 liters) of water in the aquarium. Thus a 100 gallon aquarium would have a screen of 10 by 10 inches, with a light on both sides. THEREFORE, I WOULD NEED 9000 SQ INCH OR 625 SQ FEET. HMMMM
The total wattage of the CFL bulbs is at least half the number gallons, and preferably equal to the number of gallons. Thus, a 100 gallon tank would have at least 50 total watts of CFL bulbs, which could be two bulbs of 25 watts each (real watts, not equivalent watts), and preferably 100 total watts. SO THE LIGHTING WOULD BE 4500WATTS. Yo, tim, wanna start pedalling that stationary bike to generate some electricity?

WHOA!! The Pond looks like you were washing your socks in it and accidentally dumped the box of TIDE in the pond. Do you use a UV Sterilizer?

I would start by just netting that floating foam out of the pond. that removes nutrients. Add MicrobeLift bacteria blends for algae/nutrient control.
http://www.microbelift.com/products/pond-and-water-garden/

or build a Bog Filter to clean up the waste.

http://stillwatergardensnw.com/BogFilter.aspx

it doesnt have to be this fancy or in ground. could be a series of shallow tubs or lined trays with lots of flowering bog plants in it . pump water into far end and it trickles through the roots systems and overflows back into the pond. you could build it behind the pond as a flower garden back drop.
Doughty Watergarden Build A Pond

lots of ideas on youtube.

fill with lots of pretty plants. ’
http://www.pondkoi.com/index.html

We could use your roof for the scrubber. How many watts does the sun produce? Seriously though. Anything you do will improve it. Just see what that skimmer does. Does it pull from the surface? Is carbon an option? Do you think something fell in and died? That seems pretty bad. It hasn’t done this before has it?

[quote=“moliken, post:7, topic:5285”]

[quote=“reefman66, post:6, topic:5285”]
I have some of those bio balls if you guys need them. Big ones! (bio balls)[/quote]
how can i get them, a?[/quote]

When do you need them. I can bring it by. LMK

Yes Paul has a uv but it doesn’t work!i asked a few weeks back if it worked and I was told I just put a new bulb in it. So I said"how do you know it works"? The answer I got was"the light on the switch is on",so with that being said today I took it apart and found the ballast is bad. So tomorrow I will try to track down this ballast and I’m betting(hoping) this solves this problem.with that being said today we had our second attempt at our foam skimmer.I emailed pictures to Paul maybe he will post up our second attempt.

here’s the latest. taking lots of foam out of the water [i threw away 2 5gal buckets of the sht], but tons are left.

short video

waterfall produces the most foam

I don’t know anything about pond keeping, but did you put anything in the water? must be something in the water that is causing all the foaming. Could the fish spawning may be causing it to foam like that?

[quote=“reefman66, post:15, topic:5285”]
I don’t know anything about pond keeping, but did you put anything in the water? must be something in the water that is causing all the foaming. Could the fish spawning may be causing it to foam like that?[/quote]
nothing added, no food yet either. can’t be spawning, but thnx A. maybe get the bioballs, but that’s on jason.

Good call A.

saw this on google…

Protein Build Up

Definition:
Whenever proteins build up in pond water it causes the water to create foam, especially around the area at the bottom of the waterfall. One of the most frequent causes of protein build up is when the fish spawn so we see more foam in ponds during spring when spawning most often takes place. It’s not dangerous but can be unsightly. Use fish-safe de-foaming agents to clear water.

What to Use to Clear Up Foam:

Doc's DeFoamer

here’s the link
http://www.ponddoc.com/Topics/DiagnoseWater.htm

ive got some bio ballz too if you want them paul

spawn material dissipates in a day or two and occurs in warm temps above 65. this foaming happened in january. has remained since then. besides, spawning involves a few days’ chasing of females by the males around the edges of thepond. she lays eggs and the males eat most of them. definitely not spawn.
i used that exact defoamer. worked great for a day.
since these towers have been built, though, no bioballs needed. thanks

That pond place seems real good I would call them up and ask for advice seem honest too