Pink specs on glass (not coraline)

I just tranferred my livestock from my 46 bowfront to my 65 gallon RR. The tank was started with natures ocean sand seeded with several cups of my existing sand as well as existing live rocks from my existing tank and 3/4 new rodi water and the remaining from my existing tank. Its been up for longer than the cycle time and never experienced a cycle to my testing. However now after doing the livestock and more rock swapout, ive noticed these little pink dots on my glass. At first glance it would appear that they are coraline, however they are soft and brush off real easy and seem to look like they are living. My question is does anyone know what these are??

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Looks like red flat planaria worms

These look very similar to the large outbreak of flatworms I got about a year ago. If it is flatworms I found that either siphoning them out in a water change might work if the population is low, but if they keep coming back/multiplying I found that a Blue Velvet Nudibranch worked great wonders, but that is pretty much their only diet so be careful if you go this route and dont have a large population (although they are relatively cheap $20 or less).

+2 flatworms. :frowning:

[quote=“TheEngineer, post:4, topic:8981”]
+2 flatworms. :([/quote]
That would be more like 2 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
flatworms LOL

Im going to try and siphon what i can. I have read that sometimes yellow wrasses and mandarines will eat them (at least i hope so, cause i have a wrasse and two mandarines) i hate to buy a nudibranch to see him die and all the horror stories that accompany nudis. If all else fails, flatworm exit is my next course of action.

If you have a wrasse and two mandarins then most likely they were keeping them in check but can’t keep up with them, flatworm populations explode fast.

I recently acquired the mandarins. I never had seen them prior to a couple days ago and i am constantly watching my tank like a hawk

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Flatworms are also very sensitive to electricity int he tank. I had some years ago and the first time I used my aptasia zapper all of the flatworms jumped in to the water column. My wrasse found them quickly and developed a taste for them. Within a week I had no flat worms at all.