Powerheads selection!!

I am going to be doing a 24x24x24 (60 gallon) clown harem tank. This tank will have 12-14 O-clowns as well as a nice assortment of bubble tips. So I have nailed down a lot on the specifics as far as equipment but I am stuck on one aspect. As the title says I need help selecting a powerhead. I am really eyeballing the WAV from Neptune but $500 bucks for 2 powerful pumps in a 60 gallon tank seems a touch excessive. So as I frequently do I need some help or discussion. Sicce makes a nice controllable xtreme-e dc powehead but should I go with 1 pump or 2? Maybe just get one gyre pump since I have 2 on my 225 now… verdict_in

That’s a looooooot of fish in a 60g.

For a pump, if suggest the tunze controllable pumps.

Mp40

Yeah 12 is really my max but I plan on having very good filtration and doing a bi-weekly water change schedule I should be fine. I did look at the tunze pumps and considering I cannot find a bunch of info on the Sicce pumps I may just stick with what’s known. MP40 has crossed my mind but I’m wondering if 2 MP10s would get the same results… This “build” will be prob one of my most babied projects hence why I’m stuck on the pump. I am planning on tying my apex system into this tank so it will be controlled the same.

I think I would go with mp40 or a maxspect gyre 130 or a 150. IMO I think I would love the gyre 150 more… The 130 has nice flow with rock in the tank but 150 I think would be ideal for my flow liking. mp40 obviously is built with quality and awesome flow in a 4’ tank. price range one the gyre 150 vs mp40 about the same price but the water column affect the gyre has I think it is a winner…

I have 2 150s in my 225 and that’s way too much flow for that tank! I’m not to entirely for sure how well the 130 would work in the 60 gallon cube but I do love the gyre pumps!

No such thing as too mich flow in a reef tank!

I have the same tank dimensions and I think I’d like more flow then the 130 is providing.