Protein skimmer acting up

I have a eshopps skimmer. Lately like every other day it stops producing bubbles. And I can see that the venturi air line has water in it. So I either undo it or blow it out and it works again. Then I’ll come home from work and same thing. Any ideas as to why or remedies to fix it

Some things I’ve seen is that the air line may be put on at an angle which can allow water in, or the fitting that’s cut at am angle to allow the air draw is backwards where it will fill with water vs drawing air.

I initially thought that maybe the pump was loose and allowing air in but I took it out and made sure it was sealed tight. And it still does it. Thinking about trying to maybe glue the air line onto the fitting

Post a pic, it will Def give us a better idea and help identify the problem.

Safe assumption is that the water in the airline is at an equal height to the water level in the sump?

My guess is that there is a leak in the airline under the water level allowing water to flood the venturi intake. Either a hole, or split in the line, or a loose connection to the pump body.

Well it’s currently working so I will check when I get home and if it does it again I will pull it out and check for all that and update.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:5, topic:7935”]
Safe assumption is that the water in the airline is at an equal height to the water level in the sump?

My guess is that there is a leak in the airline under the water level allowing water to flood the venturi intake. Either a hole, or split in the line, or a loose connection to the pump body.[/quote]

+1

I would take it out, disassemble and thoroughly clean it, inspect the impeller, venturi connection and tube.

I think I saw sombody else with this same issue. I think it’s the pump. I think Mike at fish bowl was telling me about it. But it sounds like the impeller isn’t drawing in the air.

Just got home and same problem again. When I put my finger and hand over the air vent and the intake for a few seconds the the rises in tube and starts working when I release. Guess I’ll take it apart Tomm and check it out.