Recharging DI resin

Anyone recharging their own DI resin? if so, would you like to share the info as to how you do it? I know there’s info on other website on how to do it, but I would like to talk to who have some experience on doing it. Thanks

By recharge, do you mean replacing it in the canister?

[quote=“reefman66, post:1, topic:9095”]
Anyone recharging their own DI resin? if so, would you like to share the info as to how you do it? I know there’s info on other website on how to do it, but I would like to talk to who have some experience on doing it. Thanks[/quote]

I haven’t done it personally. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the process. For me, I’d rather just spend the $12 and refill the canister with new stuff. Interested to see how it turns out for you though.

[quote=“TiminMd, post:2, topic:9095”]
By recharge, do you mean replacing it in the canister?[/quote]

There’s ways of doing it by using lye and muradic acid. I’m just not a chemist and wouldn’t do anything like that without someone showing me how. I know I can see it done on youtube and pics from the web posts, but I rather see it hands on.

I thought about doing it. There was a good write up on how to do it but I need to find the page again. I did buy the base, Sodium Hydroxide, from a hardware store. It needed to be “pure” because some products contain chemicals such as aluminum shavings. Just need to get the acid part. Maybe we can use the topic for a meeting presentation.

Bill that is a good idea!!! Just need a volunteer to do the presentation.

If anyone is interested in doing this presentation at the next meeting in September let me know!

I know here at work for our big ro units, they use citric acid when we clean them. It’s food grade along with baking soda (I think). I will be in at work tomm night and find out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[quote=“bigdave22, post:7, topic:9095”]
I know here at work for our big ro units, they use citric acid when we clean them. It’s food grade along with baking soda (I think). I will be in at work tomm night and find out for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Are you taking about cleaning the resin or recharging them? I’m talking about recharging them. Especially the color changing ones.

Sry, yes…cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[quote=“bigdave22, post:9, topic:9095”]
Sry, yes…cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

No problem.