Reef keeper at Newark, DE

Is in this hobby for 5 years now, is there any reef keeper near Newark, DE?

1 Like

There’s about 10 people prior member or current member in your area that does reef keeping.

guess it depends what you consider near :slight_smile: I’m in townsend

Welcome! I’m in Landenberg, PA. Pretty close to Newark.

North Wilmington. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Limestone road and Kirkwood highway, the outer rim…

Hello, I’m in Bear

I’m in Middletown but work in Newark!

I’m in Newark, right across from Becks Pond.

[quote=“Floating13, post:5, topic:9115”]
North Wilmington. Let us know if you have any other questions.[/quote]
I’m in talleyville, is there any chance I can do a water change with you and the normal tests so I know the proper way? I almost threw in the towel back in February when my 2 yo dosed my tank and basically killed my corals. Was discouraged and almost done but I want to start doing it again and take better care of the tank this time.

[quote=“Hudzon, post:9, topic:9115”]
I’m in Newark, right across from Becks Pond.[/quote]Ohhh ok, that is down by the new Lowe’s off 40? I just want to have goto person for questions. There is so much information out on the web hard to decipher through the nonsense

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The forum and the meetings are the best place to get help or advice, some of us have been here or have had reef tanks for 10+ years now.
we are strait shooters and you are welcome at any meeting which allows you to put a face to a name.

Yes I was planning on going to the 1 in Sept. Never been, but have wanted to go for the last cpl and the frag swap. I’m excited to get excited again over it. I used to sit and watch the tank after work for hrs. Now I walk rite by I’m so disgusted with it. Well if you end up doing a water change and wouldn’t mind a student I would appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Water change methods really depend size of tank, salt and what your willing to invest into making it as easy as possible.
I have a 120gal and use a 30gal brute to mix and 5 gal buckets to transport.
I have changed salt a few times and now use Aquaforest as it mixes clear and is ph stable within 2 hours, which is something that was important to me as I suck at planning ahead.