Removing bristle worms

I picked up the 180 today and i picked up all his live rock as well. I put them in 44gal bruet cans and transported them home. when i got home i noticed about 20 of them on the top rocks. sence there not in a established tank and i can bleach the rock if i have to, is there a way to just kill them? or get them out? or should i just bleach the rock and start fresh

A 1:4 ratio peroxide/tank water dip should take them out along with most pods and much of the surface bacteria.
However if it is established live rock the bacteria deep in the pores should survive.
I would submerge for about 5-10 minutes then rinse with tank water.

The water is gonna get nasty from the surface stuff coming off

1 Like