Ro membranes

Ok so a few months back(5) maybe I bought a new filmtec membrane.its used once a week to make bout 35g for topoff.within the last week or so it has started producing 50tds before di.does anybody else have a problem with membranes not lasting very long?i do have city water and I know it’s not the best but every few months for membranes is a little crazy. Anybody have any ideas?

I’ve recently changed mine as well. Before it was producing 0ppm after RO and now it goes from 4-6ppm after RO. I’m not sure what happen to my TFC either. Maybe it cheaply made?

UUUHHHHH! Have you maintained the carbon filter before the RO membrane? if the carbon filter gets saturated with ions, is can’t remove the chlorine from the water, and the chlorine will eat holes in the membrane, and voila, more RO output but with higher pollutant content. , because it got holes in it.

[quote=“kaptken, post:3, topic:5887”]
UUUHHHHH! Have you maintained the carbon filter before the RO membrane? if the carbon filter gets saturated with ions, is can’t remove the chlorine from the water, and the chlorine will eat holes in the membrane, and voila, more RO output but with higher pollutant content. , because it got holes in it.[/quote]

+1 …absolutely

and, i’m sure you know… but hot water can melt the membrane and make larger holes.

50 tds ro out-put… have you checked whats coming in from the tap?

Just as importantly - what’s the TDS after the DI?