Round 2!!

well, your coms will certainly be better that they were in the past. I’m sure you will find a way to post pics of your tank while being on station, via the WIFI and internet connections with home!

It’s a Small World, After All!!

That song still rings in my head from my last visit to disney world, years ago…

Hey all, just and update I’m doing well and finally getting good and settled here. Not to bad out here just away from family and friends sucks.
Thanks for all yalls support and help throughout this deployment. ::thumbsup::

Good to hear your getting settled in. Hope all continues to go well. See you soon!

[quote=“mortyn02, post:23, topic:7231”]
Good to hear your getting settled in. Hope all continues to go well. See you soon![/quote]

Ditto

Hows the weather? Must be coming to the end of the cool season soon. It was looking pretty nice and 70s for a couple days here. then… Bam, rain today and back to freezing tonight and cool for a couple days. otherwise , spring flowers bloomin.

I guess you got a visual or data connection to the tank. to keep an eye on it.

He also has Tim and I doing water changes for him too

Good Friends! That’s Great!

Coming around on my quarter of the way through mark. The place isn’‘t to bad, not to awful many attacks. Ive been here 46 days and we’'ve had just about 38 total attacks, pretty sweet hearing gunships take off shortly after ALL CLEAR is called :-)###

In other news, I was able to do what not a lot of guys in my career field get to do and that is fly out of this base to 2 other locations and provide humanitarian aid to locals that survived a deadly mudslide way up north in afghanistan. I went with 2 guys from my shop and 2 security guys and we took a piece of equipment to an abandoned airfield, dropped it there, went to a near by base to pick up the cargo and then brought it back to deliver it to that airfield, provided security and made it back to my base safe and sound. Great experience and would love to do it again. There was estimated 2600 fatalities and over 300 families missing. We delivered in our run, over 24K lbs of stuff to the victims.
Here is a video and some pictures from that trip, hope you guys enjoy.

You can barely see me directing the forklift away from the aircraft in this video,

holy crap attacks happen that much!!! Geez be safe bro. that does look sweet out there!!

Mothers day held 13 of that number tim. All within 2 hours

That’'s crazy! Hope they got wiped out!

Been there done that! don’‘t forget to run for cover or stand around, wait and see where its coming from. Take care Bro, BTW I’‘m jealous you get to fly in the C-130 and do humanitarian stuff, good on you. Don’'t forget to tell your supervisor to write it up for your humanitarian medal.

Hey Case! Good to hear you are doing fine. Looking good. That landslide was in all the papers back here. Much worse than the one up in Washington state. You being able to provide humanitarian aid has to be a feels good booster for you. Good work when you can get it!
Stay alert, stay safe and see you soon!

Good job with the relief effort Case. Man, I’‘m guessing you’'re joking when you say “not many attacks”? 13 alone on mothers day would be more then enough I would think. Stay safe over there brother, and keep that plate carrier close!

Tim, usually when the gunships leave they come back with a kill streak. :-)###

A, not only a 130 but a J model, thing flys smooth and pretty fast. Got to fly up on the flight deck after loading up all the cargo, no room for Pax down below. They were suppose to try and get us a humanitarian medal out here but they said it wouldn’'t be enough to pull a medal out of it.

Ken, it was actually a great feeling and a pretty big booster sense moral here is at a LOW, lol. Would love to be able to get out and fly again before i leave this place.

Rob, Its not that many when we had 13 one day and 10 on a different day. By not many i ment not many consecutive days lol. No doubt that armor stays close ::thumbsup::

Thank you guys for the support, miss everyone and can’'t wait to get back. Hope you all enjoy the fragswap.

Hey all,

Just wanted to get on here and say hey, things around here have slowed down work wise so theres a lot of time to sit around and it gets boring fast. Im doing well, I’m finally down to the 80’s so over the hump. 2.5 months left in this place and i hope to be on a plane headed for the states. Hope everyone is doing great, as well as their tanks.

Good to hear you’re doing well Casey. Work is slowed time will be slow as well. Fine things to do to past time, but stay out of trouble. Been there done that! LOL. Two and a half month will be a breeze. Will see you when you get home. Take care Bro.

Hey , good to hear you are rounding second base. i could send you some Brine Shrimp eggs, a handfull of reef salt and some flake food , and you could grow some Sea monkeys in a jar… Just for fun! maybe toss in a battery air pump and stone too? I guess Yous guys have a good supply of batteries?

Do you have a good, little, bright LED flashlight? like a single AAA battery type that lights up a back yard on high, or good for reading on low? If not, I got one for you.

We have plenty of AA batteries ken but thats abour it.lol id love to give it a shot baha.

We did your water change today Casey. Fixed ato and things seem fine