Scotty's 90g corner

Hey all, we have a new member… thought we could call him out for some pictures and info… rumor is he’s got a nice 90 corner tank ::thinking::

Scott, this is a thread… nuthin fancy, but its all yours… you just need to add the bling. ::rofl::

:Welcome) :Welcome) :Welcome)

Well looks like all you got left to do Scotty is post the pics bro.

I want to see my…I mean yours deresa clam Scotty!! ::rofl:: ::rofl:: post some pics.

Ok ok… I’ll get some pics up a little later. I got a play set I got to finish building first.

Alright everyone I’m doing this “thread” out of peer pressure AND for all of you who have endured in the stresses of having a corner tank. I have learned that the only thing they make custom for a corner tank is the tank and stand itself. You’re on your own to do everything else; where as if you have a regular square or cube tank all the lighting and canopy come in many different styles and types and you can simply order it.

So my name is Scotty and I started a 92 gallon corner tank 7 months ago. I have since upgraded some of the equipment I originally started out with. I have a 20 gallon sump with a bubble magus protein skimmer a newly added mag 9.5 return pump and phosphate reactor. I just added a JBJ auto top off as well as LED lighting. I previously had Coralife Aqualight pro Metal Halide Aquarium light fixture, 1x150W HQI & 2x65W compact fluorescents, 36 inch model. Dimensions: 36" X 15" X 2.75" two Blue Moon Glow LEDs and remote ballasts. I am using 2 Hydor Koralia 1050 GPH power heads and 2 different heaters. All these pics are in chronological order. I would like to first thank BigCase for all your help and introducing me to this awesome hobby. Also A for all the awesome stuff in the tank like: rocks, kenya trees, mushrooms, some SPS and most importantly the Deresa. The wifey absolutely loves it. Also to all of you who I don’t even know I just read your post and learn so much.

This is me and my daughter and awesome boxer BEAR. I also built a small 3 in pedestal for the wife. She’s OCD and wanted the stand/tank taller.

2.jpg

5.jpg

These next pics are of the tank cycling and getting the lighting right. The light was just sitting on the edges of the corner of the tank then got a hanging kit. You can see the levels spike in the pic and also the pics show the tank fitting nicely in the corner of the living room. And due to my inexperience sunbeam (yellow tang) is no longer with us. RIP…

7.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

These next pics are what it looks like as of about 2 weeks ago. I rearranged the rock work to better utilize the lighting and the swimming space for some new fish. The pics of the sump are to show that I reworked all the plumbing and hard plumbed everything. I think it makes the sump look much nicer and much more organized. The others are pics of the new look of the LED’s and rock work and how the tank looks in the corner now.

Since the massive change i have added a Foxface and a Yellow eye kole tang. I have had the pair of black and white clowns for about 3 months now and they are doing great. Also for live stock I have 2 serpent starfish, 3 peppermint shrimp, a lawnmower blenny, and my oldest friend who has been with me the longest… 6 line wrasse. And I can’t leave out a handful of cleaner crew guys. LOL!!

Hopefully in about another week or so I am going to be starting a DIY canopy build. The new LED lights are great but they are incredibly bright and in our eyes when we sit on the couch to watch the TV. So i gotta close that up. Plus I think it will look nice.

Once again thanks for all the help and thanks for all the advice that I get on delreefclub you guys have been awesome and I cant wait to meet more of you.

11.JPG

Looks great Scotty. Glad everything is going good.

I like it YahoO great job on the pics GolfC

Great start on the tank Scotty. The clam looks great where she sits. Take your time to add the animals, don’t over do it. Looks great!

Thanks SALT. I just know what I like to see on the post and tried to do the same. Pics are always good to see

Thanks for the advice A. Yeah the clam is very happy happy happy we’re she sits. She’s doing great. So this may be a dumb question but do clams effect the bioload like fish?

I don’t think clams add to the bio load much… supposedly they act as a filter, absorbing and holding unwanted minerals.

The corner tank provide some extra space and lot of area to fish to move freely.
The 90 gallon is very special for corner tank.

@harris625. Yeah I love the corner tank look its just challenging to set everything up and to get it just right. But once it’s set up its really nice