Shark tank

Below are pics from my current collection. Many of the photos are old because they were taken while in QT and looking back, I am amazed at how small some were when I got them

Anyway

Pics to follow.

Arabian Bamboo Shark - Chiloscyllium arabicum

Papuan Epaulette (Hemiscyllium hallistromi)

Speckeled Epaulette (Hemiscyllium trispeculare)

Unidentified epaulette (Hemiscyllium sp.)

Tasseled Wobbegong (Eucrossorhinus dasypogon)

Zebra Horn Shark (Heterodontus zebra)

Short tail nurse shark (Pseudoginglymostoma brevicaudatum)

Colclough’s shark (Brachaelurus colcloughi)

I do have a couple of corals and fish in a tank that you could possibly call a reef tank. It has been up and running since 1988 but I have to admit, it is neglected.

WOW! beautiful collection you have there. I haven’t done much research on these sharks, but how big do they get?

Wobbe - 36 inches
eppies - 36 inches
Horns - 40 inches
Nurse shark - 24 inches
Arabian - 30 inches
Colcloughi - 30 inches

A note on the Colcloughi sharks, these are quite rare with less than 20 specimens reported.

That is some collection! Very diverse; will the various species be compatible in their future home? Or are you planning to partition certain areas.

The blue-grey carpet and the horn sharks will go in a temperate lagoon where the temperatures will be around 62F. The rest will go together in another lagoon, except for the wobbegong. The wobbe was over 30 lbs about 6 months ago and will kill anything that swims by. It is very unpredictable with me and is actually quite dangerous. I have interest from a zoo and an aquarium so when I move the others, he will probably go. I was hoping to breed them, but lost my female to an infection some time ago.

Ah, sorry to hear about the female wobbegong ; I am a little familiar with the species. Mostly from viewing wildlife documentaries focused upon them or their habitat. I know that the sharks mouths can extend to become rather large. It must be a fun activity to clean his tank!

Here are some of the eppies

Nice display of Colclough’s shark above. But it looks like, these are difficult to find out in
because of their color.