Some colony pics

Some of my frags have become nice size colonies and my picture taking skills need much enhancing, so I thought I would take a few coral eye candy pictures for your enjoyment to past the time on this snowy Monday.

Looking nice. On you orange setosa do you ever get some green in it? On the piece I got from you a long time ago I noticed last night that it had some green in it. Have you ever noticed that. Would love for the green to increase as it is barely noticeable but if you stare at your tank long enough you see little things like that.

Thanks
Yes, on my colonies I have seen some green spots and yellow spots also. This usually happens when the coral starts to spread out and gets bigger. The spots of color will appear randomly, but remain small.
Glad to hear your setosa is growing well.

John everything looks awesome. What is you lighting setup again? Is it all Chinese led?

Thanks Matt, currently I am only running the 3 Chinese LED fixtures.

For how long?

Everything looks great John

Thanks Bill.

Matt, not sure if you meant how long are the lights on every day, or how long have I had these particular fixtures.

The leds are on for 10 hrs each day and I have been running them for 4 months now.

I guess both info is good to know. Everything looks great!

I’ve been running my chinese LED’s for over a year now and am happy with them.

Bryan, by the way all your corals look in your tank when we were there for the meeting and in the video you just posted, it shows that they are doing very well under the LEDs.

I have been using LEDs for almost 3 years now.

How long do you run your LEDs during the day?

Blues 1000-2300 @ 35%
whites 1200-2100 @ 15%
that’s the total on time including a 1hr ramp up/down On each channel.