suggestions needed for a club summer field trip

Does anyone have any request or suggestions for a club field trip between now and the middle of Aug. ?

Well, last year the Fresh water club had Dennis McIntosh from DSU give a nice presentation at our club meeting. They usually have an open house in september. or at least last year. He had a slideshow of the new wet lab they just finished setting up with tanks, and trays and for fish rearing experiments. mostly run by air lifts i believe. low energy. I would still love to see this place and have a tour. it rained last year on the open house, so i didnt go.
Redirecting...

But Dennis said we could bring a club and with advance notice he or someone could give us the dime tour anytime. its accross the street from the race track in Dover. we could call and see if any good projects are going on, and get a litttle tour. wont be a long tour, but would be nice to see the flow paths for the tanks, larval rearing and stuff and filtration.

It’s mostly fresh water fish and plants in the ponds, but they do some research on bay SW species at times. you could just imagine all those 600 gallon tanks as SW frag tanks! And Drool~~~

http://cars.desu.edu/aqua-sci/newsletters/Newsletter1.pdf

oh, and the departments full FB page.

It looks like they will have another open house in the fall this year too. date TBD.

Lets go back to school!!

That would be cool Ken, as long as they have something reef-related going on IMHO…

Or…How about the aquarium in camden nj…?

Thanks for bringing it up Frank ::thumbsup::

The University of Delaware Marine biology facility is open to visitors I believe. I have not been there and don’t know much about it. I spoke to someone at the BBQ who has family working there. If this is a possibility I will look into what they can offer our group on a tour.

I am always open to learning activities and The University of Delaware Marine biology facility sounds interesting, but what I really am in the mood for is a chance to see and buy some frags and corals that are not readily available around here maybe an officer could contact Jason Fox and see if we could get a tour / group buy ? Or some other some other facility like that.

Dr. Mac is always willing to hist the club for a few hours, help pick out corals, offer some great deals, and provides lunch.

Baseball is officially over (for a few weeks anyway) tonight so I should be more readily available and will check with Mac.

BTW - I do apologize for my absence as of late.

I’m up for going anywhere there is nice corals to bring home. :TWOCENTS

I would be down for some Dr. Mac zoa’s that are priced right :slight_smile:

I am still massively jealous I missed out on the trip to Atlantis Marine World, which has been renamed:

Many people still active in the club now did not get a chance to go. I do not believe there could be a better field trip unless we got to walk into ORA and that is not going to happen.

I have been to 3 state aquariums in the past week LOL.

If the club decides to take a Dr. Mac trip, of course everyone that wants to, is invited to my house for a tank tour, since I am so close to his facility.

Let’s do it dr Mac and johns for a BBQ lol.

sounds good to me

If we do Dr. Mac, I am willing to car pool with people up here in the Newark area. It is a bit of a drive so I will split gas with someone, or you could catch a ride in my pos hooptie!

If the club does decide to take a trip down to go to Pacific East, I have a frag tank full of some softies and some SPS I would be looking to part with in the price range of $5 to no higher than$20.

I can post some pics of the frag tank and frags, if needed.

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:15, topic:5651”]
If the club does decide to take a trip down to go to Pacific East, I have a frag tank full of some softies and some SPS I would be looking to part with in the price range of $5 to no higher than$20.

I can post some pics of the frag tank and frags, if needed.[/quote]
SPS frags? would love to see 'em. always want more.

I’m be in to go to Atlantis,or Jason foxs

I would like to see how Johns tanks have grown , since the last time we went down to Dr. Macs.

Any time Ken.

Here is what is in my frag tank as of today…

OOOHHH!!! AAAHHH!! nice colors. Did you switch to T5 lighting over the frag tank instead of the old MH? Or is that an LED strip light over it?