Sump leak adventure......weeeeeee

So my sump developed a leak and I had to switch it out which took 9 hours with the help of 3 of my kids. Not happy with the 40 breeder. I am going to need to rework my plumbing I need to get some sock holders and I need to make a skimmer stand because the baffles are like 11 inches tall for the first 2 chambers. Oh and my return pump doesn’t fit in the pump chamber all the way down. Thank God the bubble trap baffle was slightly crooked or it wouldn’t have fit at all…lol. so now I have to figure out a way to set up my algae scrubber since I have no where to place it. This no sock thing is going to kill my water clarity. Ugh any suggestions appreciated for the scrubber mount and diy skimmer stand. Pic of the scrubber. It’s quite large 20 inches long. About 14 inches tall.

How about egg crate for skimmer stand?

2 Likes

If you need any egg crate, I have miscellaneous sized scrap pieces that you can have

1 Like

So i made a skimmer stand and a sock holder that will fit against the back wall if the sump and one side will rest on the baffle and the other sode has a leg. Just waiting for them to cure to rearrange the sump and fix the drain plumbing.

1 Like

Well i helped make them with my daughter. Shout out to my Natti Bug!

1 Like

Looks like arts and crafts day!

Great job on both!

1 Like

Well i have everything hooked back up and runni g except the algae scrubber…still trying to work out the details on that as far as a stand goes.

2 Likes

Pretty handy with the acrylic there Will. Great job.

Thanks Mike after 30+ years damn 4 years from 40 years of aquarium fun i better be good for something…lol

1 Like