Swapping A360WE for Radion XR15 Pro?

I really like the look I get from my Kessil A360. The only thing that leaves me wanting is the output. I just wish it kicked off more light. I’ve been thinking about swapping out for a XR15 Pro. Does anyone use one? I could probably sell the Kessil for around $300 and only have to make up the $100 difference for the new light.

I have a xr30 gen 3 pro on my 60 cube and love it. I did eventually add 2 hamilton 24" t5 kits to the front and back to prevent shading that i was getting from the light being centered in the tank. ecotech live is great. You can pick up a g3 pro at pretty decent prices or go with g4 pro you would not be disappointed either way.

What’s the primary difference between the G3 and G4?

[quote=“TheEngineer”]
What’s the primary difference between the G3 and G4?[/quote]

G4 has the new hei lens which is a much better type of wide angle lens for better color blending and a couple extra led’s if I remember right.
With the G3 I had to upgrade to the wide angle (120°)lens for what i wanted and to rid the disco effect. Only a $30 add-on. Both are great honestly. G3 pro are readily available used and sometimes guys are looking to trade there kessils for the same unit and vice versa.
What size tank are you planning to put this on?

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:4, topic:9163”]

[quote=“TheEngineer”]
What’s the primary difference between the G3 and G4?[/quote]

G4 has the new hei lens which is a much better type of wide angle lens for better color blending and a couple extra led’s if I remember right.
With the G3 I had to upgrade to the wide angle (120°)lens for what i wanted and to rid the disco effect. Only a $30 add-on. Both are great honestly. G3 pro are readily available used and sometimes guys are looking to trade there kessils for the same unit and vice versa.
What size tank are you planning to put this on?[/quote]

Hmm. It’s a 24x24 cube. I was just looking at the distribution difference. I need to find one for the wide angle lens version of the G3.

I have the same size tank. 24x24x24 60 cube. When I’m around Wi-Fi I can send you a picture of my temporary canopy with the setup if you want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:6, topic:9163”]
I have the same size tank. 24x24x24 60 cube. When I’m around Wi-Fi I can send you a picture of my temporary canopy with the setup if you want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]
Awesome! I have the 50g (20" high).

Not the best pic but gives you a idea of what I did. I had a full enclosure but it wouldn’t fit the t5 retro kits so I eventually need to come up with a design I’m happy with that can also breathe.
Also with the setup I’m using my radion uses about 66watts at peak and my t5 is about 104 watts according to my apex. Programming the radion it also will show actual power your settings will consume.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice! I went with the Kessil for how small it is. The XR15 is bigger but still fairly compact. I found this chart which I think seals the deal on the G4 vs g3.

I have 250w halides… ::hitsthefan::

Dude! Long time no see! How’s life?

Life is well, I still come around, just bidding in the shadows…lol but is you want real light these are right up your alley… YahoO

Happy to hear it!

I sit right next to the tank 9 hours a day, not looking to work on my tan but thanks :slight_smile: