Tank update Video

Don’t know how to show the video in the post, so here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GzkC3T6x4E

Very nice! It’s good to see a mature tank with coral colonies instead of a tank that’s packed with frags.

Good job!

drool john. looks great, especially that freakin clam. some details??

Tank looks good!!!

[quote=“Sneeyatch, post:2, topic:6669”]
Very nice! It’s good to see a mature tank with coral colonies instead of a tank that’s packed with frags.

Good job![/quote]

I wish my tank had more than just frags!!! But it will get better with time!!!

[quote=“nerak, post:4, topic:6669”]
Tank looks good!!!

[quote=“Sneeyatch, post:2, topic:6669”]

Good job![/quote]

I wish my tank had more than just frags!!! But it will get better with time!!![/quote]

Hopefully you didn’t take that as an insult, it wasn’t meant to come across that way. It’s just nice to see some folks have the patience to let their corals grow large, mature colonies.

No I did not take that as an insult at all!!! I agree its nice to let and watch the corals grow! Seems like a lot of people get out of the hobby soon after they get into it because they dont want to take the time.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Paul, I bought that clam from a club member like 2 yrs ago at least, it is a derasa clam and has done very well in my tank.
It’s been 2yrs now running my leds with 2 VHO attinics and things are doing fine.

Nice John, as usual. looks like you trim or took some corals out of the tank. It didn’t look as packed as it did before or sold most of them to Dr. Mac? lol. How about pics or video of the frag tank? how’s that going?

Thanks, A.

I removed some rock work to allow for better flow thru out the tank. The frag tank is doing well, will have to take better videos of both tanks.

Looks great John, nicely done.

Thanks Downbeach. I believe we have the same size tank, 180 gal right.
I’ve seen pics of your tank on various websites, very nice!!

A, what is missing in my tank are both the green and red cap montis. They just get too big and took up plenty of room. Cleared them out to make places for more acros to grow .

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:11, topic:6669”]
Thanks Downbeach. I believe we have the same size tank, 180 gal right.
I’ve seen pics of your tank on various websites, very nice!![/quote]

Yup, 180. Thank you too.

Hi John, ZYour tank is lookind good as always. seems like you have a few more softies and schrooms and LPS filling in the blanks. Nice. I like it.

Thanks Ken. All the frags from you are growing very well. I will take some pics and post them.

took these pics today. Enjoy!

Looking spectacular as always. Corals have nice colors and well laid out.

Thank you. The tank has been set up here in Maryland for 5 years now. And has been running under LEDs for 2 years.