Tattoo

Hey guys and gals, long time no talk.
I’m finally on spring break = free time. And time to fix the tank while I’ve been gone.

But anyway,
I’m going to get my first tattoo in the next few weeks hopefully, and have seen that some of you have killer tats, and was just wondering where you all went to get yours done? I went and got estimates at Alliance and American Art so far. But still looking for other places as well. TIA
Chris

Chris,

Unfortunately mine are so old the places I got them are no longer around. One thing to consider is that tattoos are not something you shop on price alone. Look at the establishment, previous work, reputation, cleanliness and artistic ability - price is the last thing you want to be a contributing factor for something that is going to be a part of you until decomposition kicks in.

Craig

guy on the forum from time to time does some work in middletown. i always went to an old high school friend here in dover at “the tatoo shop”

Yeah I know price is the last thing to look at. I’m definately going on quality over quantitiy((my first choice of where I am getting it is the most expensive, but I know they do great work)). I just wanted to see where everyone has had good/bad experiences with.

got to explosive on rt13. great prices, KILLER TATS, awsome atmosphere. toby and buzz are the two best. i got tats at pinstruck, alliance and american art(horrible), and will only get em from explosive from now on. alliance is good but the atmosphere is kind of snobbish and prices are too high for the quality. explosive does a better job, the people are cooler, and the prices are a little high but not alliance high, but well worth the money.

Just passing on a comment from one of our heavily tattooed former members.

Shane O’Neil is hands down the best tattoo artist in Delaware. He is one of the best in the country. If anyone were to say otherwise they really have no idea what they’re are talking about.

He is also one of the most expensive and most booked.

Two other top guys are Terry Manning and BJ Betts.

Just as a little update, I’m going with American Art. He has been very patient and willing to work with me and we got a great design going. I’ve gotten mixed reviews about him, but I have friends who have gotten tats there and they look great. And I’ve got the design I want, I’m happy, and its a comfortable atmopshere, so I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Well? Updates?? Pictures??

I’d also like to mention that this thread got me thinking about new ink. I spent 3 hours in Toby’s chair (Explosive) last night getting the outline for my tat new done. 3 more sittings and it should be finished.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:8, topic:1448”]
Well? Updates?? Pictures??

I’d also like to mention that this thread got me thinking about new ink. I spent 3 hours in Toby’s chair (Explosive) last night getting the outline for my tat new done. 3 more sittings and it should be finished.[/quote]

Elmo with a heart around it? lOl

I bet CD is getting a Super Mario Tat:

or maybe one of these for the constant blogger:

Where are you having your tat placed RBTA?

Haha yeah I got it about a week and a half ago, I’ll take a picture tomorrow and put it up. I love how it turned out. I’m pretty proud of myself too, 2.5hours and we only took like a 2minute break, more for him, I was pumped just to get it finished.

Okay well I apologize for the picture quality, it was really hard to get a decent picture of it ((its on the back of my shoulder))
I designed the concept of the tattoo, lost it when my harddrive crashed, found a similar drawing, and then had him draw it to fix what I didn’t like.

I swear it looks a lot better in person

Nice -I like the concept. saw something like that done with dolphins years ago - girl had it behind her ear!

Hard to get pic of tattoos on your back - even harder to get the bacetracin on it when it’s healing.

look at my profile pic. Brian Murphy from Third Dimension. It is a bit of a drive to get to him but he is by far the coolest guy I have had the chance to sit in the chair with and his work is amazing. You can go to his website and check out more of his artwork. www.thirddimensiontattoos.com he can do anything…and i mean anything!

ok - now that it’s finally finished:

Toby Nolte at Explosive tattoo on Rt. 13 did a great job covering up an old ugly embarrassing tatto. His attention to detail is beyond compare. Every scale was individually drawn, shaded, and colored. Each scale has at least 3 colors in it. The pictures do not do the water justice in the least.

All in all it took about 17 hours spread out over 5 sittings.

Wow, you sexy, sexy man! >LOL<

Seriously, nice ink! One of these days i might break down and get a tattoo.

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:16, topic:1448”]
Seriously, nice ink! One of these days i might break down and get a tattoo.[/quote]

Thanks. I think after the other arm gets done I should be CLOSE to you.

think of how much live sand you coulda bought instead! LOL
just stunning, craig.