TB Aquatics New Items

Refillable DI Cartridges

Emtpy - $5.99

With 1.25 lbs of Color Changing DI Resin $17.99

http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=136

http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=137

Brian;

I couldn’t pick out from the pic on the website – does the canister have John Guest type fittings?

• t

It isn’t a canister. It’s a cartridge that goes inside a normal 10" cannister.

Are there any reefers who are knowledgeable with blown insulation or even install it. I have some questions. I want to add approx 9 inches to my attic as there is barely an inch in some places up there. I needed to know how to gauge the density of the blown product so that’s its not too fluffy (Tech term I’m sure) and how to handle insulation around hot hat lights.

I say you invite all over for some of the Yuengling tap and we can discuss! :BEER

That is a very nice bar

Well I know we’ve spoken about it, but here are my thoughts for everyone else to use as a template:

If you go with the 1/2 wall you’re not going to have any more room for people to stand behind the chairs at the bar.

The full wall will double you’re capacity.

Now, as we talked about, it’s not THAT often that you have the number of people over to require the extra space behind the chairs, so the 1/2 wall would be functional and complete the “pub” look. It will also provide additional space to put things out when you do ebtertain, chips, pretzels, beer nutz, etc.

But let’s be honest - now that you have the baby you’re not going to be doing any entertaining anyway. You might as well tear the whole thing down and bring it over to my place so you can sit at the bar when you come over to get away from the wife :-)lol

:BEER

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:7, topic:663”]
You might as well tear the whole thing down and bring it over to my place so you can sit at the bar when you come over to get away from the wife :-)lol

:BEER[/quote]

:SPIT) AWESOME!!! :-)lol

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:7, topic:663”]
But let’s be honest - now that you have the baby you’re not going to be doing any entertaining anyway. You might as well tear the whole thing down and bring it over to my place so you can sit at the bar when you come over to get away from the wife :-)lol

:BEER[/quote]
I don’t think you have the room. And besides you have spilled enough water(drunk?) Who would trust you with beer?

I think I may push the wall back 18" which will make the bar plenty large. I also will leave the front wall full length to the tile that will be only waist high and put a small drink rail to make it look like it was done on purpose,

Figured martinfaimly or someone would chime in

When they installed the recessed lighting in the basement they removed the whole sheet of insulation. I know some was put back in, but I’m not sure of how much clearance they left around the hats.

my electrician is coming over this morning. ill see if he can offer advice on the hot hat portion of the question.

Actually I know that part, 16" away. There are 2 types of hot hats you can buy (besides size) one can right up against insulation and the other needs a 16" open area around the insulation.

The problem with these are they don’t say or I can find the information on them. Being these are in my living room (ranch) and the ceiling is the attic I have to insulate around them. Its like a vacuum for heat loss. Heat moves from warm areas to colder areas. LY on a really cold day I was running some electrical through the attic and could feel the breeze when I was near the hot hats. I came up with an idea to cover them and want to check with someone more knowledgeable then myself.

I was going to use sheets of the 2" blue insulation from Home Depot to build a box over the lights. I would use 3 layers which will give me an R value of 39 (13 x 3 layers). I would tape the seams and then the blown insulation would go up against the box. This will keep the existing and new insulation away from the lights and still give me the desired R value.

I think theproblem youu’ll run in to is the air inside the box getting too hot. if the lights over-heat they’ll shut off on you.

I think you’ll still need to leave a vent in the box to let the hot air out.

Didn’t think of heat build up. Although unless there was thermal fuse (coupler) they would not turn off. Bulb life may be reduced

I’m just relaying the information from the electrician. he said he had just put recessed lighting in at a woman’s house, she called him up 2 weeks later and said they started shutting off by themselves. When he went out to the house he found she had just had new insulation blown in and they covered the lights. Said it’s the heat build up that shuts them off.

I imagine that it probably works like a cable box, or stereo, if there’s not enough circulation and it gets to hot they shut down.

seems like it depends on the type and design of the halide light box too. as to how close the insulation can be to the can.
http://www.dannylipford.com/diy-home-improvement/attics-and-basements/getting-adequate-attic-insulation/

How about some kind of sprayed in expanding foam insulation ?

[size=11pt]Don’t cover can (recessed) lights unless they are rated for contact with insulation. If using loose (blown) insulation, build a small enclosure with hardware cloth or plywood to keep the insulation away from lights and exhaust fans.[/size]
That says it right there. I am going o build a box around each out of ply and then attach 3 layers of 2" (13r) foam board.