Todd's 90 gallon

did you buy your trumpet/candy cane coral that big or has it grown for you? i have 10 heads and havent grown any new ones since feb.

Try feeding them at night.

Will do. I did notice that their string/tentacles are out at night time

you could try feeding the tank a bit of De-capsulated Brine Shrimp Cysts. I have done that to feed some baby Banggai Cardinal fish in the tank. i just wet my finger in the tank, and dip in the dried eggs, and disperse in front of the return line. they float around for quite a while. Semi buoyant.

So tiny, but all the other fish, the adult Cardinals and a breeding pair of clown fish have fun picking them off. They are just Like little M & M’s or sprinkles for them. but very high nutrient content. My LPS corals like a Duncan and Candy cane seem to like them too, and I believe grab the tiny particles as they float by as a bycatch. Good food for the tank. and it doesn’t take very much.

Little Tasty Treats!

you can get some here. At BSD:

Its a great place for many fishy foods.

Sorry I missed a lot of posts, I was out of town for work again, and got back last night.

The green one in the center was given to me from a friend about how it is, it was a full colony when I got it. I don’t know how much of it has actually grown if at all. The purplish one directly under it started as a 5 head frag from DPA when I had my old nano running. It’s grown to what you see in about a year I guess - I don’t remember exactly when I broke that tank down ad moved everything over to this tank.

Everything in the tank has been grown out from frags except for the green trumpets and the maricultured acro colonies. The poccilipora from bnelson was a good size piece when I got it as well, I’d say it’s come close to doubling it’s size since I got it.

Did you get those teal candy canes and hammer from me too?

Yeah - The teal ones are off to the side under the big birdsnest, there’s 4 heads on that I think? The hammer I got from you is dead center, below the big, green trumpets. It’s a slow grower for me.

Here’s a FTS I took a little bit ago today. The water’s a little cloudy since I cleaned the glass right before I took the pic.

Any update?