Top down pics of a few clams

I got a few top downs of the clams in my 45g today and 1 of my big squammie in the 95g.

Simply beautiful Ellen

that clam in the 4th pic is absoutely stunning. where did you get it?

Those are gorgeous Ellen, how much difference from top-down to through the glass?

4th is stunning, i cant wait for my lamps and to get clammms

Thanks everyone. The green rimmed maxima came from ricordea usa. They have some great clams and corals.

[quote=“IanH, post:4, topic:2479”]
Those are gorgeous Ellen, how much difference from top-down to through the glass?[/quote]

Quite a bit Ian. The green rim on the maxima looks blue from the side and green from the top.

Yea, that is the one thing I hate about clams! How different they look top-down vs through the tank glass. One of the few gripes I have about clam shopping at Dr. Macs is they are always outside and only top-down.

It’s got me thinking I want to setup a little top-down view tank for clams only, with a clip on style MH.

i think most everybody agrees w/that one ian, except for the “hate” comment. lol

[quote=“IanH, post:8, topic:2479”]
Yea, that is the one thing I hate about clams! How different they look top-down vs through the tank glass. One of the few gripes I have about clam shopping at Dr. Macs is they are always outside and only top-down.

It’s got me thinking I want to setup a little top-down view tank for clams only, with a clip on style MH.[/quote]

Or you can forget about those dam old clams and just bring them over here I don’t mind looking through the glass. :stuck_out_tongue:

second dibs on ian’s despised clams!!

I’m always amazed at how yous guys can keep your sand bed so clean and white. every time i have tried a fine sandbed of any depth, it has turned to slime. I must be doing something wrong. so i stick with plenum sand beds.

Nice look down pics.