tues. 5-5 shipment

although we did get some stuff in today, the order tomorrow will hopefully come in heavier.

banngai cardinal
occi clown
dwarf lionfish
foxface
choc. hawiian tang
clown tang
lubbocks fairy wrasse
elec. blue soccer hermits
banded serpent star
royal gramma
black occi’s
orange diamond goby
yellow watchman goby
yellow boxfish
six line wrasse
walshes fairy wrasse
white pulsing xenia frags
ultra metallic blue maxima clams
cleaner shrimp
sand sifting stars

i have a soft spot for the Banggai Cardinals. i used to have a spawning pair. I raised a couple hundred of their offspring before hurricane Isabella (5 years ago?) knocked my power out for 5 days and crashed my tanks. Nice little fish. Mouth brooders. easy to raise. one day soon, i may get another pair and breed them again.

The trick is finding a pair. you have to read up on identifying the two.

I would seriously consider SEPARATING the fish from the anemones and treating the whole fish system with a low level of copper…the last time I was there ALL your fish were infested with ich…you guys are really trying to improve the place-so give it some thought…I will not buy ich infested fish no matter how cheap or close to home…

wow… not sure when the last time u were in was, but i dont know that we haveEVER had a big problem with ich. i am sure every once in awhile a fish stresses from shipping and gets sick. but we normally isolate and treat pretty quickly. copper will never find its way into our tanks simply for the risk of the water making its way into a reef tank. whether it be ours or someone elses. but the suggestion is appreciated. i will be sure to keep an eye out for any problems. thank you. bj

[quote=“hottuna, post:3, topic:1623”]
I would seriously consider SEPARATING the fish from the anemones and treating the whole fish system with a low level of copper…the last time I was there ALL your fish were infested with ich…you guys are really trying to improve the place-so give it some thought…I will not buy ich infested fish no matter how cheap or close to home…[/quote]

Have you been in there since it changed ownership? I live fairly close, and I have never noticed any more sick fish than any other LFS, and less than some. Some fish will always get sick with something, because of how stressed out they are and underfed during the shipping process. If you feel you could do better you could always open your own LFS…

Fish guy : I built two lfs in long iSland new york in the eighties…and owned part of another for about 11 yrs…My friend who owns poly bio marine just purchased and is setting up a wholesaler in PA as we speak…
I am going to inspect his new setup in a couple weeks…I am only trying to help you guys out at the fish bowl…You think I want to drive 2+ hours to get fish ? with a little effort your store could be great…I would love to stop in and meet with you and offer suggestions personally…HTH…