Waterbox REEF 130.4 build thread

I don’t have any experience with them so not offering any advice, but will be following along to see the answers.

1 Like

I hope they grow big and bump into one another. And I mean that in a good way. I have no idea either

1 Like

Jon from Terra Reef said the proximity is not a problem. But he pointed out that the orange gorgonian is a non photosynthetic type. It was sold to me as photosynthetic :rage: I’ll try my best to keep it alive but I’m only an intermediate hobbyist and apparently only a handful of people in the country have kept these alive longer than a year and a half.

One similar to the one on the left in your pic , has been in my tank for a long time, many years. It is located on the side of my tank , not really under direct light. I don’t have any experience with the orange one. Good luck with them.

2 Likes

Water change/testing day! I’ve been working on alkalinity stability as I’ve been experiencing daily drops recently. I increased my dosing so hopefully the tank will be back on track. Pre-water change parameters are as follows:

Nitrate 22 ppm
Phosphate 0.08 ppm
Alk 8.23 dKh
Mg 1179 ppm :grimacing:
Ca 471 ppm
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78.7 F

2 Likes

I’m not the only one that appreciates a nice clean sump :star_struck: (or “the factory” as my son calls it :laughing:)!

5 Likes

1 of 2 Royal Grammas from Pacific East Aquaculture

1 Like

Nice looking sump bro… I’d call it the factory also lol

1 Like

Few updated photos. It’s a slow work in progress.

5 Likes

Just went through and red the whole thing awsome journey and nice build i expectualy like the far left rock structure im going to start fooling atound with my rock soon for my 180 hope it comes out that nice

1 Like

Looks like it’s coming along nicely!
That rock flower nem is sweet!

1 Like

Looks awesome! Those rock flowers look great!

1 Like

Tank is filling in nicely. Love how the GSP is starting to grow up your overflow.

1 Like

Slow progress :turtle:

2 Likes

Looking good! Nothing comes quickly in this hobby unless its bad. Bad happens fast lol

1 Like

As the big toadstool has grown it has also slowly migrated off of its original disc. Months ago I noticed it left behind a baby! This morning I removed the baby and put it on its own separate frag disc so it can grow big like it’s parent! The big toadstool is home to my clownfish Ophelia & Homer. They spend day and night swimming in its capitulum.

2 Likes

Tiger pistol shrimp in invert quarantine tank. Hopefully it will discover its bowl of sand and rock to hide in.

Few photo updates

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Your tank looks really amazing. Full of color and all the corals doing so well. Great job.

1 Like

Yuma rock and yellow tang.

Pregnant rock flower anemone

1 Like