Waterbox REEF 130.4 build thread

Hmm, well that doesn’t sound to promising for me.

I all depends on how much CO2 is in your house. There are only Lori and I in the house. So not much CO2 inside. Run a long peace of air tubing from skimmer intake hose to the outside. If you PH rises than you have CO2 in the house. If so then your scrubber will work. But like already said it won’t raise it that much.

1 Like

My system is 215 gallons total and I used a 2 little fishes phosban 150 as the scrubber.

1 Like

Now I have 3 people 3 dogs 6 cats a rabbit and a snake in my house so not sure how much co2 I have but I am sure it’s alot

1 Like

That’s a lot. Try the air tubing. Or with the weather nice out open the windows

2 Likes

How’s your PH going?

Still low since I returned the Co2 scrubber I got.
I will have something else installed next week and I will post an update! Thanks for asking!

The CO2 scrubber is installed. It didn’t make a huge difference but it did bump up my pH a bit.

That’s a big bump. What’s your typical daily high?

I was lucky if it reached a high of 7.7 before the CO2 scrubber installed.

I agree with @TheEngineer. It looks like your min is higher and you are overall more stable. Even a tenth or two is significant.

The scale is not linear—a drop from pH 8.2 to 8.1 indicates a 30 percent increase in acidity, or concentration of hydrogen ions; a drop from 8.1 to 7.9 indicates a 150 percent increase in acidity.Small Drop in pH Means Big Change in Acidity – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

I definitely think the CO2 scrubber is worth it but I was hoping to get my pH above 8.

Quick update- I’ve been taking it pretty slow as far as livestock. I have a powder blue tang, coral beauty, lawn mower Blenny, 2 clownfish, and yellow watchman goby. Initially I had a few LPS that didn’t fare well but I think I’ve gotten that straightened out by stabilizing my alkalinity (thanks to Neptune) and reducing my nitrates after I spiked them from 5 ppm to 50 ppm with powdered coral food. I also found that I have to dose phosphate in this tank.

I’m having issues with the AI lights. I noticed that the blues look different between the 2 lights despite having the same program. They will also sometimes stay on all night. I’ll be opening a ticket with the company. Disappointing lighting experience this time compared to when I used AI primes.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the update!

What are you using for phosphates?

Brightwell NeoPhos

1 Like

4 Likes

The upcoming snowstorm reminded me that I’m way overdue in preparing for power outage so I picked one of these up to power the return and heaters.

Both 300 watt heaters are plugged into 1 InkbirdSmart which is plugged into energy bar.

3 Likes

Good idea! bought a generator @ 5 yrs ago and have used it a few times. Nice to have peace of mind if power goes out

3 Likes

Well worth the cost! I don’t know how I used to get by without one.

2 Likes

Are these 2 gorgonians too close for comfort?

1 Like