We need YOUR help!!!!

listen, i got conned into creating a script/outline for a television commercial for the store. so anyone with some ideas/comments/creative junk/WHATEVER!! lol lets hear it! im drawing a huge blank here

tv or radio … ?

30 or 60 sec …?

Are you tired of bullshit prices?

Tired of old, outdated equipment?

Tired of people feeding you information so you buy a fish you can’t own?

Tired of having no unique fish to buy?

If you answered yes to any of the following ?'s i have a solution for you. The Fish Bowl Aquarium center in Dover, Delaware is the place for you. New shipments as often as possible, and fun, friendly, and fellow fish enthusiast workers. Stop in and mention the _____ coupon for 10% off…

Lol, id stop in… lol, just reread and i have decided im terrible at adds… but there some kind of and idea!!!

if you could just get Samuel Jackon to say…

go to the fishbowl mutha*******…

im almost positive that would suffice…

[quote=“longballz84, post:4, topic:2212”]
if you could just get Samuel Jackon to say…

go to the fishbowl mutha*******…

im almost positive that would suffice…[/quote]

lol, I’d totally stop by any store with an ad like that

lol… haha

anyone got sams number??? lmao

all i can picture is those cheap used car adds with the camera panning in and out and a guy in a cheap suit with huge glasses screaming at the camera “COME ON DOWN TO THE FISH BOWL!!!” LOL

its a 60 second, tv commercial. prolly could use some smiling “customer” faces too…

going to call samuel jackson now…

i see a great oppertunity for the reef club to get a free plug!!! lOl
you could always show pictures of customers tanks and mention how the fishbowl has helped them with purchases, equitment and maintence.

if you get samuel j. I am going to be so pissed off (both him and britney spears turned us down.) and that was when she was in the gutter.
good luck with your ad

matt

lmao!!! thanks matt

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:8, topic:2212”]
i see a great oppertunity for the reef club to get a free plug!!! lOl
you could always show pictures of customers tanks and mention how the fishbowl has helped them with purchases, equitment and maintence. [/quote]

2 problems here glenn. 1st, claiming to have been the source for any one single tank in the club would be a lie. lets be honest, no single lfs can have EVERYTHING… and thats what makes our tanks so diverse is the many different places we get stuff from. hell, even myself doesnt solely shop at the bowl!!! sometime u just see that animal u gotta have…

#2 its only gonna be 60 sec… by the time greenfishy gets done playing with the camera and filming his 90, we would have to buy a half hour informercial block!!!

lol
i would say 51% of the stuff in my tank i got at the bowl 44% from icy and 5 % from other reefers and dr mac.

just do a it euro style half nude girls for 58 sec then fish bowl for 2 sec

[quote=“GreenFishyNHam09, post:12, topic:2212”]
just do a it euro style half nude girls for 58 sec then fish bowl for 2 sec[/quote]

i actually tried that… mom and missy didnt seem to excited and jen turned down my offer!! :-("

haha, so when do you have to have in done by!!!.. we should have an event to shoot the commercial… we can all pack the stored… and a camera can float around… people in discussion, and laughter … lol i dunno what else to do…

ya know… that may be an idea… sort of. just let the camera pan around filming people discussing/buying fish/getting help with different stuff. hmmm, think imma try to work something from that. maybe have a discount for that day for anyone who hangs out 4 the commercial…

if it is on a thursday evening we will all be there… lOl atleast we all will get our 15 seconds of fame. LOOK MOM I AM ON T.V.

[quote=“GreenFishyNHam09, post:12, topic:2212”]
just do a it euro style half nude girls for 58 sec then fish bowl for 2 sec[/quote]

+1!

bj, i would really just emphasize on customer service and satisfaction. pionting out that you are a family run and operated small lfs with your main goal to make the customer sucseed in hobby. making special attempts and treating each customer as they were your only one. yada, yada ,yada. this is a great piont due to most people can feel more at home in a place like yours, because you take more pride in your place than a plain employee would because its your livley hood NOT a paycheck.

You have to ask yourself, “What are we selling?”

Fish would be the obvious answer, but you are in a nonprice competition model. If you compete on price alone you will lose to the big boys every time. So, why should I come to the Fishbowl?

Nonprice factors, such as:

• customer service
  • knowledgeable, caring employees
  • faces you know and trust
  • endorsed by the Delaware Reef Club
  • Best fish selection in Kent County
  • free services (water checks, in-home setup on tank packages etc…)

i think the shoot date has been scheduled… next monday. will let ya know, in case anyone wants to swing by and cameo a little