Welcome to our newest sponsor, The Fish Bowl

Hello everyone. I would like to take a moment to welcome our newest sponsor, The Fish Bowl. The Fish Bowl is located in Dover, DE and carries both fresh and saltwater supplies and livestock. The address is:

The Fish Bowl
516 Jefferic Blvd # C
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 674-0544

They should have a user name shortly so you will be able to ask all the questions you would like.

I too would like to say welcome. :Welcome) We are glad to have ya jump on board.

GLENN

Do they have a website?

Not yet. They said they are going to have someone make them one soon, but currently no.

[quote=“icy1155, post:4, topic:981”]
Not yet. They said they are going to have someone make them one soon, but currently no.[/quote]

I know a guy that does a pretty good job. And works cheap (think frags).

I know a better guy that will work for frags also :wink:

I don’t know what yous guys are talking about, but welcome Fish Bowl! I 'll have to drop in some time if i ever vernture that far from home.

and you both (well, craig, at least) know the best guy in delaware … at least that’s what he claims …

Lmao

Welcome to DRC Fish Bowl. I’ll have to get down and check out the store sometime soon.

thanks a million for the warm welcome. i am just using my old s/n for now. drc is in the process of hooking me all up here. first, let me introduce myself. i am BJ, my mom recently RE-acquired the bowl. bruce and terry started the fish bowl over 15 years ago. sold it about 5 years ago. and after 4 different locations and 10 years in, 5 out of the business, here we are again. getting the store back to the way we remember it has been quite a job thus far. and it has a long way to go still. we firmly believe building and rebuilding the relationships we had in the local hobby is key to making the store prosper and grow like it once did.  we feel DRC is a major player in this plan for us.

so let's get to business. we have a list of ideas to interact with the club, and hopefully the club will interact with us.  first and foremost, i am in the process of setting up a webpage.  i plan on updating a "stock" list of sorts 2 or 3 times a week. i guess it's more of a "wish" list lol. what we have ordered and when it's supposed to come in. (can never promise our distributors will come through with everything) but it's a tenative list anyhow. 

#2- a store held meeting. i saw some posts about diy fragging and such at meetings and we would be more than willing to donate a coral for such a workshop. as well as store use for the meeting if needed.

#3- special orders/ requests. anything u are looking for, or want to see more of in the store??? now it’s just as easy as posting on a forum. like i said earlier, we have been out of it for a bit. so all the newer equipment or livestock is new info to us. let us know what u r looking for, i will do everything i can to find it for ya.

here is our new s/n. feel free t p/m or post any questions/requests/WHATEVER!!! lOl

Welcome FishBowl! The store is looking better already. I am really glad to see you using the club to help take your store in a new direction. There are a few of us in Dover, and we will definately keep everyone posted on how things are going. Unfortunately, that wasn’t a good thing for previous owner. Looking forward to watching your return! PoM

PS-- One of the things that I look for at a good LFS is dry goods. FishBowl has been not so great at that in the past. Any plans to carry bulbs, filter pads, salt etc.?

bulbs seem to be one of those things. no matter how many u have, we never seem to have the RIGHT one in stock… lol. we are mainly trying to keep filter pads/cartridges in stock for filters we carry and anything we know of off hand that is popular. and salt should ALWAYS be in stock… BUT, to answer your question, YES. we are in the process of purchasing more racks/shelving for dry good so we can stock everything we used to.
thanks for the input, and keep em coming!!!

Yes, cooperation is a great thing. stores promote clubs, and club members support local stores. we all like stores that have the things we need most. some are now and then maintenance items, some are impulse purchases and some are need it now things when stuff breaks…
A store that can cover most of that is truly treasured.

Im sure everyone will have sugestions of wants and needs. in todays economy its best to have the right stock on the shelf to get by. Being down there in the sea shore world, there must be lots of tankers in need of a good local store to help them build their little piece of the ocean in their home. Best of luck in the store refurb!

Just a heads up, went in today, things are looking better all the time. You have a few corals, unfortunately most were marked as sold before I arrived. When do you guys expect coral shipments? Any chance you could throw a post up to let us know? I would just about guarantee that you’d have a few folks over there to pick through your shipments within an hour or two! GolfC

PS- Wifey remarked that it looked much cleaner (I don’t notice these things), so good job on that.

yes they are selling thier stuff fast. i stop by every monday to see order and tuesday as well. we all like the improvements and look forward to a great lfs.

tenatively, we get most of our basic stuff in on mondays. clowns, damsels, some corals/inverts. CUC type stuff. tuesdays comes more of the crazy stuff. i am gonna round up the orders for this week and post up a list of what we are HOPING comes in this week!!! lolol

THANKS FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS, we are happy that everyone notices our improvements thus far.