What salt should I get.

I will soon need to get more salt. I started the tank with instant ocean. When that bag was gone I switched to reed crystals. Jus wondering if I should stay with reef crystals or should I get a better salt for my reef. I have mostly lps nd soft corals. A few sps. Birds nest nd montipora.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally see no reason to pay more money for salt than reef crystals.

The most widely used salt is instant ocean. Reef crystals has extra eliments for reef tanks. I have been using rc for 5yrs with 0 issues. Is also the most readily available.

Ok! Good to kno I don’t need expensive salt. I’ll stick with rc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have only used reef crystals salt. Ive used it for 3+ years with 0 issues. Also, as a side note I only recently found this out, but on Amazon you can get the 160 gallon reef crsytals bucket and even the 200 gallon worth big box for $50-$55…generally costs about $70-$80 at LFS.

I’ve used almost every salt mix there is over many years, and they all worked well when used a directed. But, I never found any salt mix that was any better than plain IO or RC. Here is where I usually buy the salt mix, with free delivery:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4685+4856&pcatid=4856