Where are all the freshwater folks?? PIPs

Since no one has posted on the freshwater board for awhile, I thought I’d try to wake this forum back up a bit with some tank/fish shots… excuse the photography skills (or lack thereof!) There aren’t pics of all the fish, because some of more photogenic than others (the severums are hams, and managed to get into 75% of the pictures!)

Tank overview:
120 gallons, LED lighting, fluval fx5 filtration

Inhabitants:
1 striped raphael catfish
1 jack dempsey:

1 ropefish
1 bristlenose catfish
1 firemouth cichlid:

1 cuban cichlid:

5 silver dollars
1 gold severum:

1 green severum:

2 leporinus:

REEF club… :BEER nice fish though!

[quote=“TimH07, post:2, topic:5090”]
REEF club[/quote]

FRESHWATER BOARD

Nice looking set-up. I was over Marty’s last weekend and was in awe at how nice a freshwater planted tank looks when done right, now there’s 2 freshwater tanks I’m jealous of.

Very nice, any issues with the Jack Dempsey and the silver dollars??

What?/ you havent seen my guppy tanks? sorry, no camera. Oh, but John(saltcreep) did take this one pic of my 40 long.

Its crowded. I only bought a couple pairs… and lots of plants from the auction. Dang Guppies! How do you make em stop?

but yes this is our cooperative forum for our local sister Fresh Water Club, Diamond State Aquarium Society… DSAS, who regularly meet on the second Monday of each month in the same location at the William Penn High School cafeteria, Just like DRC.

http://dsas.topcities.com/

If you are into FW, you should drop by. Always lots of food, door prizes and raffles and swaps. Usually a good selection of live plants in the auction too.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:3, topic:5090”]

REEF club[/quote]

FRESHWATER BOARD

Nice looking set-up. I was over Marty’s last weekend and was in awe at how nice a freshwater planted tank looks when done right, now there’s 2 freshwater tanks I’m jealous of.

Very nice, any issues with the Jack Dempsey and the silver dollars??[/quote]

Haha, thanks for that! Hubby is the reef guy, I try to follow all his saltwater stuff, but it’s too complicated for me. I think we will always be a split household when it comes to fresh vs. salt water but we can both appreciate aspects of each of our preferences :slight_smile: I’m sort of just piggybacking on his club to try to find local fish people in general to talk to.

I haven’t had any issues at all with the JD, he’s the biggest wimp out of all the fish! He tends to hide the most and be the most skittish. I like to experiment with semi aggressive fish in a community setting, and so far have not had to return/rehome any bullies. The biggest jerks are the leporinus, and they usually only pick on new guys for a few days, then balance is restored again.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:3, topic:5090”]

REEF club[/quote]

FRESHWATER BOARD[/quote]

lol sorry I don’t notice board names, I just see the main page most recent posts and click to read them.

—>husband<—

the sad part is she has the big 120g tank that is alreay drilled for and was previously a saltwater tank and im stuck with her old 46bowfront

[quote=“bsnow, post:7, topic:5090”]
—>husband<—

the sad part is she has the big 120g tank that is alreay drilled for and was previously a saltwater tank and im stuck with her old 46bowfront[/quote]

That’s just wrong

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:8, topic:5090”]

[quote=“bsnow, post:7, topic:5090”]
—>husband<—

the sad part is she has the big 120g tank that is alreay drilled for and was previously a saltwater tank and im stuck with her old 46bowfront[/quote]

That’s just wrong[/quote]

+1

I have 8 fresh water tanks and 2 salt. And one girlfriend that says I don’t have enough time for her since she doesn’t have fins. Here is a pic from 4 months ago of the “little” rainbow fish tank.

IMG_0066.JPG

I’ll be setting up my 55 freshwater, as soon as the 75 reef is up and running of course ;D still trying to decide on a hang on the back overflow for it since I have a small sump to go underneath. The reef is mine, the fresh is simply for the enjoyment of the cats. Since I’m upgrading my tank I figured I should upgrade their little 5 gallon as well…

Nice FW tank Scott. Hey FAFNF, i just saw DFS has a sale on syphon over flows. if you need one.

Those pictures look real good. Love the guppy tank Ken…

My son has 2 fancy guppies and feeder guppies and 1 turtle :P. He wants to try breeding the guppies since I am not collecting the babies from my clownfish pair.

I started off with freshwater. I used to have 6 red belly piranha’s and 4 albino tiger oscars in one tank just got to expensive. Was feeding them about $2-5/day in feeders. Also had 2 green terror’s that used to breed like rabbits. But we are talking when I was a teenager so it was some time ago now.

Thanks kaptken, I just ordered that one this afternoon as well as the two pumps I needed. I got the quietone 1200 and 3000. What a great deal! Gotta love free shipping.

I have been thinking of downsizing the number of tanks I have for a while. I posted a few things in the market place but as most of this is freshwater planted tanks I thought the livestock could find a home here. Some tanks are available as a complete system. If anyone has interest post or PM me and I will give you more details.