WYSIWYG CORALS

ok… bear with me for the next few weeks, im sure im gonna have some kinks to work out and get organized here. but in light of poor fill rates and some lacking quality of livestock over the last few months, im pulling in a new vendor. “largest marine wholesaler in the country” … what they say anyhow!! lol anyhow, one of the MAJOR factors in going with these guys out of the 4 i have been researching is this: i can order exact pieces of corals from pics posted online! as a lfs, i never know what everyone is looking for, especially on the larger/more expensive pieces. so this is what im thinking…
check out the site
www.seadwelling.com
look at “the furnace”. each piece has a piece number i.e. a-32… let me know what piece u r interested in. ill shoot ya a pm, or post the price on here and order it if u want. probably gonna be kind of confusing for the first few weeks, but i am gonna do whatevr i can to keep this as smooth as possible.
biggest hurdle is probably going to be turnaround time. i get the new price sheet on monday afternoon, and need to order by tuesday night. so we will see how it goes, let me know if anyone has suggestions on how to make this simpler.

corals will arrive each thursday, and would prefer pickup as soon as possible. most of the pieces in the furnace is higher end stuff. smaller stuff/less expensive pieces are also available, just not wysiwyg.

and of course… prices will be SUPER competitive (and of course shipping is on my dime) for in & out coral orders!!!
i am hoping this is going to be a way to cut some of the costs for the reefers to get nice sized, beautiful corals without needing a 2nd mortgage.

Good idea, flipping through did it seem like there was some “color adjustment” going on? Some of the pics looked photoshopped to me.

Imgur

I dont think their photoshopped, i think its probably a combination of lighting and camera settings. EVERYTHING seems very purple to me ;D

Great idea! WYWIWYG is certainly one thing that gives online vendors such a big advantage. Being able to capitalize on this without actually having to physically posess the livestock as an LFS could potentially be very profitable.

hopefully this will kick off nicely… thanks for the kudos guys!

Did you see the link I posted? Enlarge it and look at the left side. You can see where the original color ends and the photoshop begins.

I think this is a great idea, I’d just be leary about customers expecting a purple hammer and getting a green one. Maybe that is just one example.

i guess i dont have the eye for it. i think i see what you mean but i cant distinguish the difference between photoshop and lighting/exposure issues. The little bit i do know about phososhop is that most of these guys that alter their pics simply add or remove filters that distort the entire image. Regardless of why, im in full agreement that the hammer in the pic will likely not look the same in anyones tank! ;D

i completely agree that the photo in that link is shopped… without question. but i didnt see that or any euphyllia at all in the furnace… maybe u r in the wrong place joe??

Just went back and looked, you’re right. I was not in the furnace. I was in the fish and whatever section. Most of the furnace stuff looks pretty nice!

great idea. my dail up makes it slow…lol

Some real nice looking corals they have. GolfC

It is a great store with great customer service. I have know the current owners for a very long time and they be good people. ;D

just wondering if quite a few of the pix didn’t show bubble algae in bckgrnd???

[quote=“moliken, post:13, topic:871”]
just wondering if quite a few of the pix didn’t show bubble algae in bckgrnd???[/quote]

I saw that, but it wouldn’t really deter me from ordering. It seemed to be growing on the background rocks, but not the corals. Inspect the new corals and if you see anything remove it. QT, to be sure is always good.

im pretty impressed with these guys so far… 99% fill rate last week. well, some of m stuff was switched, but at least we didnt get a half order! aside from the frag mix-up, which benefitted us anyhow, got those acans pretty darn cheap! everything is good so far. im sure they r paying “new customers” special attention. hopefully it keeps up.