Zoa Frags FS

Just fragged one of my colonies of green zoas.
3-5 polyps- $5 (6)
15-20 polyps- $15 (1)

frags.jpg

colony.jpg

Put me down for one of the 3-5 polyps. Will you be at the next meeting?

Jon

Put me down for one of the 3-5 polyps. Will you be at the next meeting?

probably

yes, we probably will … ravensfan531 really should use his own profile … :stuck_out_tongue:

Copy cat :stuck_out_tongue:

cut and paste beats typing

I’ll take the big one YahoO

I’ll take one of the 3-5s, next meeting?

Also what are these?

zoos2.JPG

Zoanthids on frag discs… The zoas should quickly cover the entire disc. If you don’t like the appearance of the discs you can peal the zoas off, and glue them to something else, but you should wear gloves and some sort of saftey glasses first.

A lot of our sponsers carry them and we may be setting up a group buy with one of them for next month:
frag discs
more frag discs

Jon

In the pic I circled a group of zoanthids/palythoas I was wondering what their specific name is.

I will also take one of the 3-5 polyp frags.

Thanks!

Those are commonly called button polyps or palythoas (even thought their scientific name is actually protopalythoa). Some have longer tentacles and some have shorter, depending on tank conditions. We have some in our big tank that have short tentacles, and some in the little tank that have long tentacles and a completly different color, and they are from the exact same colony (the one in the big tank)

I will take one of the 3-5 and I will be at the next meeting

YahoO

[quote=“IanH, post:10, topic:967”]
In the pic I circled a group of zoanthids/palythoas I was wondering what their specific name is.[/quote]

Like icy said, they’re paly’s of some sort. I lost a few frags over the summer, and found this one a few weeks ago wedged under a rock on the sand bed. Not sure where it went on it’s walk-about. When I found them, they were completely white.

If you’re looking for some sort of name (like Nuclear Winter Death Reapers), I couldn’t tell you. I have no idea what they were, since none of the frags I lost were this color.

Maybe I’ll call them Ronert’s Revival. There’s only about 4 polyps right now, so they need to percolate for a while.

Only have 3 3-5 polyps left. Any takers?

hey! use your own account …

[quote=“ronert, post:14, topic:967”]

[quote=“IanH, post:10, topic:967”]
In the pic I circled a group of zoanthids/palythoas I was wondering what their specific name is.[/quote]

Like icy said, they’re paly’s of some sort. I lost a few frags over the summer, and found this one a few weeks ago wedged under a rock on the sand bed. Not sure where it went on it’s walk-about. When I found them, they were completely white.

If you’re looking for some sort of name (like Nuclear Winter Death Reapers), I couldn’t tell you. I have no idea what they were, since none of the frags I lost were this color.

Maybe I’ll call them Ronert’s Revival. There’s only about 4 polyps right now, so they need to percolate for a while.[/quote]

Ok, I was asking because I’ve got what looks like the exact same ones in my tank, except there are about 25 polyps on a rock and some are about the size of a half dollar. Thanks!

I’ll take one of the small groups. Thanks.

Will you be at next meeting to take them or do you want to pick them up?

pre-meeting bump