24 Mixed Reef

When I first aquascaped the tank, I built the rock formation so that it was most pleasant looking from a frontal view. With the addition of a few new frags and some notable growth with my existing corals, it was time to rearrange some rock! The tank is now much more pleasant to view from multiple angles and the corals have some room to grow.

Full Tank w/Flash

Full Tank

Side View

Superman mushroom from Chris & Barb

Monti frags from Rich at Armco

Valida frag from Logans Daddy

Mangrove leaves finally beginning to open after more than a week of anticipation!

My blue zoa’s like their new lighting

Grow baby, grow!

Looking good, what kindof lights do you have on that…

dude your growth is incredible!! that is all.

a single 150w 14k metal halide.

thanks, kdino. waiting on new pics of your tank with the monti!

Two new additions from my trip to ECA.

sweet ric, thats the coloration of one of mine. pink and silver right?

Well I think it’s the standard florida ricordia. Pink with purple skirt and green mouth. I wouldn’t describe the skirt as being silver exactly…

Do you have pics of your ricordia on the site?

Nerite Snail baby spotted!!!

I’m tempted to fish him out tomorrow night and put him in the broodstock sump where he’ll be relatively safe. I never saw any eggs and he is the only baby I counted after close inspection. If there were others, the Six-Line Wrasse took care of them. This one was just lucky enough to have found a good hiding spot underneath my red zoas.

I also took some pictures of the Cactus Coral’s first sweeper tentacles to emerge. Only about 1" long so far but I’m amazed they’re even that big.

Baby Nerite Snail

Cactus Coral Sweeper Tentacle

That cactus coral is cool Jason.

It’s definitely unique looking, I’ll give it that. Interesting shape and very different in terms of polyps. The green color on it is unreal. Much more florescent green than anything I’ve ever seen.

Lookin pretty good Jason.

Nice looking tank. I wish i could keep mine looking that clean! You got a good assortment of coralines growing and little red dusters too, on the rock. cool…

I bought an ORA Plum Crazy Acro frag today for $29 at Fishman. They have a few left if anyone is interested.

cool, might need to stop by…

[quote=“RCA, post:33, topic:2251”]
I bought an ORA Plum Crazy Acro frag today for $29 at Fishman. They have a few left if anyone is interested.

[/quote]

Are you dipping your corals? You might want to start a dipping and or qt. procedure for your corals, especially sps. Redbugs, and acro eating flat worms would be a shame to get in your tank.

I use TLF Revive to dip everything.

Nice coral by the way.

You know, I haven’t been dipping or using a QT tank and I feel like I’m playing Russian Roulette.

I do give everything a very close inspection and I never let any LFS water in my tank, but I know it’s only a matter of time before I get unlucky.

i too never have done anything but look. worked for litttle over 3 yrs. then FLAT WORMS…learned my lesson…never agian will i not coral dip, fresh water dip, and qt first.

Well, I fail at growing Valida (supposedly, one of the easiest and fastest growing SPS.) The color has morphed from brown to a nice green/blue so maybe that’s a sign that it’s going to start growing soon. The ORA Plum Crazy Acro is looking good. It’s coloring up with some green as well. Mangrove is finally looking like a mangrove. The monti looks like it’s finally recovered and there are new polyps on both sides of it. Feather dusters have popped up all over the blue/green zoa rock.

Full Tank

Acro

Plum Acro

Monti

Valida

Blue/Green Zoas

Red Zoas

Mangrove

the growing edges of your acros are looking very good. You must be doing it right/ all the others look great too. Keep up the good maintenance .

Well I don’t completely fail at growing Valida after all. I noticed the frag had begun growing around it’s base sometime last week. I shoved the original frag into a hole in the rock and it has completely filled up the hole and is expanding pretty rapidly now. I imagine it will really start to take off now that it has firmly attached itself.

My original acro is still kicking butt but I haven’t noticed any real improvement on the plum acro yet. I attached a time lapse of the past two months for that frag.

Valida

ORA Plum Crazy Acro

Acro

Acro

Two Months of Growth