24 Mixed Reef

Very colorful looking frags. All your sps will form a solid base to hold it firm for when it starts branching out. This is where patience pays off. It’s great to see a coral that has started out just a tiny little piece and bloom into a beautiful colony. Your tank and corals look fine. Continued good reefing.

Long overdue for an update here. It’s been over 2 months.

The juvenile yellow tang that I was using for algae control finally outgrew the tank. I transferred him to my 90 gallon fish-only (where on day 1 he decided to beat up the picasso trigger to show him who was boss). Unfortunately, this meant I had to break down the entire 24 mixed reef to capture the yellow tang.

I’m not entire pleased with the new rockscape so I think I might be playing with it a little more down the road. The Scripp’s Staghorn continues to grow at an incredible pace while I lost my Crazy Plum Acro. I don’t think the Plum Acro ever really recovered from my removing it from it’s frag plug. My DPA mangrove is now sporting 4 leaves with 2 more on the way. The valida has show some good growth and overall I’m pleased with the development of all the softies. I can’t keep up with the xenia and the zoanthid colonies are spreading to nearby rocks. I need to find a new spot for the monti colonies but they are looking good as well.

Full Tank

Staghorn

Valida

Mushrooms

Zoanthids

Mangrove

Shrimp