A LOT for sale...

Ok, as some people may have heard, me and Keleigh will be moving down to southern florida shortly. We have discussed what to do with the tank, and we believe that the best option is to sell off all of the live stock and start over once I find a job. So, here is the list of things and prices:

Anthelia
Green Tip Hairy’s
Cabbage leather on a rock… buy the rock get the leather.

From Kel’s little tank with some problem alage:
Kenya tree - 10$

Fish -
LG pink dimond goby - 20$ Ken

Rock - 3$ a lb after corals are gone

Is that the mandarin that eats frozen? Is it a male?

Yes and Yes. He also eats flake if it is small pieces.

if logan’s doesn’t want mandarin i will zoom down there to take him cash in hand

Sorry to hear that u are leaving the area. U will be missed
:-("

I will buy the frogspawn and some live rock. I dont know how much i can afford but i am interest- no hurry

i’d also take some rock.

I would love the mandarin, ive got a the holygrail female mandarin eating frozen but my male i cant get trained and hes waning so hes in my fuge. I plan to move my male to my solana so i can target feed him when he fattens up.

This is a blue mandarin right? Not a target?

If so ill take it, you can pm me and we can make arrangements. It would be nice to see you guys before you left.

moliken, if its a blue and i buy it your more than welcome to my male. Hes thinned out in my display but should fatten up in my refugium. As long as you think your pod pop can support one you can have him for free.

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:7, topic:1778”]
I would love the mandarin, ive got a the holygrail female mandarin eating frozen but my male i cant get trained and hes waning so hes in my fuge. I plan to move my male to my solana so i can target feed him when he fattens up.

This is a blue mandarin right? Not a target?

If so ill take it, you can pm me and we can make arrangements. It would be nice to see you guys before you left.

moliken, if its a blue and i buy it your more than welcome to my male. Hes thinned out in my display but should fatten up in my refugium. As long as you think your pod pop can support one you can have him for free.[/quote]
my pods will not support a mandarin, which is why i was interested in one that ate other foods. no probs tho. i’d still take a few pieces of rock when the time comes.

Yep, blue mandarin and hes all yours. He has been a little skinny but has been fattening up… we had to much flow in the tank and he couldn’t catch any of the food. We have been stopping the flow while we feed, and he has been getting fatter.

Sorry to see you guys go, can you put me down for some of the green tip shrooms? Are you selling any hardware?

How many shrooms do you want? We have three different large colonies, as well as a few random frags here and there.

Probably the tank and stand, but we are keeping the skimmer, lights and maybe the pump.

Perfect, just hit me up and we can make arrangements! I havent forgot about the cinnamons, i just dont know if i can come up with appropriate shortterm housing for them.

moliken - dont feel bad, its not an easy feat and at least your recognize the needs of the fish. I think the only reason my female is thriving is because i know she at least gets some frozen every day. Its not impossible to get a mandarin to eat frozen, just very difficult. I can tell you what worked for me and maybe Bellamy will share his thoughts. I made sure my mandarin was eating live brine at the store. Obviously, if the store doesnt sell live brine it is difficult to do. I felt that even if the mandarin wouldnt switch to frozen at least i could supplement the pods with live brine. I then put here in a small tank by herself for several weeks and slowly mixed in frozen brine with live brine. I used spirulina enriched brine to make it easier to distinguish. For the first couple of weeks shouldnt ignored the frozen but slowly identified me as the food provider and would quickly come to me and eat the live brine aggressively. Eventually, she started to take bits of frozen as well as live. I then slowly went from 90%live/10% frozen to about 10%live/90% frozen. After that i threw her in my DT and all has been well for several months. She forages throughout the day but still eats the frozen as well. The problem, as bellamy mentioned, is that they are outcompeted very quickly for any food and you have to develop a strategy for making sure the mandarin gets their share.

Sorry for the hijack btw, for those that are unfamiliar with bellamy’s tank you should jump all over this opportunity. His livestock is the best of the best.

I am not exactly sure when our mandarin started eating frozen. The guy who had him before us had him eating both live baby brine and live brine, but when we got him he didn’t eat frozen that the guy had seen. After we got him, I fed live brine once or twice, but it quickly became to much to do in such a large tank, so we started feeding everyone frozen mysis and brine. One day I noticed the mandarin eating frozen mysis, and then I realized he also was eating frozen brine when I wasn’t looking. To get him to eat flake, I would mix a little frozen brine, a little frozen mysis, some flake and a bit of garlic, and then squirt it in front of him with a pipette. I am not sure if it helped that it all smelled like garlic, or that he associated flake with mysis and brine so he figured it must be food too, but eventually he started eating flake. Now it doesn’t need to be mixed with garlic, he will eat pretty much anything that I add that will fit in his little mouth.

If anyone want to you can pick up corals friday, some day this weekend (not sure yet when we are going diving), or some time next week. Most of the corals and rocks will have to go to get the fish out, although the mandarin should be fairly easy to get out.

Shawn, I have a spare 10g laying around I would throw in with the cinnamon’s if you need a tank.

I wasnt so much worried about the tank but more about equipment. I might be able to drill the 10 and tie in a quick overflow into my sump with a feed off the manifold. I just havent had a lot of luck with drilling 10g any large than a 1/4" and having them not break down the road. Heck, it might just be the motivation i need to pick up the 29g and get it plumbed in:) Ill let you know, im good for the mandarin either way and will let you know about the clowns. I should be able to get something together.

On second thawt!! I’ve had a thing for sand sucking gobies lately. I would like to buy the Large Pink Diamond Goby! Is Friday the Pickup day?

Sorry to hear you guys have to sell everything off, but it is the best thing to do. Good luck in Fla. And I hope you get right back into the hobby.
John

ok bellamy, u twisted my arm.
i want that big *ss anemone, the 50 dollar shroom rock, and the maroon clown (its the gold stripe from your tank tour pics right?)

I’d be interested in a smaller colony of the shrooms, or if you have other buyers lined up, I’d take a frag or two. Just let me know what you have left after a day or two.

Thanks!

I have a 10g that is also drilled to accept a 1" pipe bulkhead.