another nice shipment arrives at the fish bowl

walked in today around 11 am…BJ ordered from sea dwelling creatures this time …all I can say is WOW !! nice stuff…
there was an awesome powder blue tang with great color.fat & healthy…

If U want a beauty grab it before it goes !

I picked up a baby fowlerii tang…came in good…

Bj has loads of stock right now including some beautiful LT anemones and another show quality anularis angel…and some really nice flame angels too !!!

Since when did you become a spokes person for The Fish Bowl, lol.

Seriously though what size was the power blue? Always wanted one, just haven’t had a large enough tank. 75 is a bit too small when they get full grown. I need a tang in a 40breeder if I could find a small one I could keep in their for a while before having to move him to one of my larger tanks that would be great.

Since when did you become a spokesperson for DPA ,Gordonious ???

Dont give me that LOL crap !!! this isnt the first time you implied that an improper realtionship existed between me & the fish bowl…

You also sent me a nasty pm about it not to long ago…

The fish bowl has done a complete turnaround since BJ and his mom took the store back over…they are trying very hard to make that store a success …I am very happy that a store that is only 30 mins away from me is becoming a place where I can do one stop shopping,with healthy fish & inverts…
I am doing whatever I can to help them out…
If you have a problem with that -why dont you take it up with the owners of the fish bowl ??

[quote=“Gordonious, post:2, topic:2981”]
Since when did you become a spokes person for The Fish Bowl, lol. [/quote]

ever since he saw all of the improvements we r making!!! filter improvements, r/o units, skimmer additions, new wholesalers, better fish, new coral set up, on and on! its nice to see someone with the kind of excitement about this hobby that tuna has.

the powder blues are kinda big already really, but the color of these guys is awesome! and fat as can be…

right now, just shooting a mixed stock list off my head…

6" annularis angel
4" asfur angel
auriga butterfly
lg tomini tang
lg chocolate tang
powder blues
yellow tangs
blonde naso tang
flame angels
coral beautys (only 20 bucks!!!)
flame tail blennys
lg golden midas blennies
starry blennies
yellow longnose
butterfly
green mandarins
yellow watchman gobies
tiger jawfish
purple pseudos
majestic angel (sm, adult color)
valentini puffer
bluejaw trigger (male and female)
tricolor fairy wrasses
yellow coris wrasses
condy anemone
l/t anemone
rose bubble tip sanemone
sea hares
4" derasa clam
new duncan corals and lots of corals
cleaner shrimp
peppermint shrimp
fire shrimp
coral banded
LOTS of cuc!!!
skunk clowns
occi clowns
cinnamon clowns
few true percs
humu triggers
emporer snapper
couple different sweetlips
panther grouper
clown trigger
dwarf lion
niger trigger
coral hind
spotted dogface pufer(im sure i missed a few things, but this is a good percent of what was in last night!!)

[quote=“hottuna, post:3, topic:2981”]
Since when did you become a spokesperson for DPA ,Gordonious ???

Dont give me that LOL crap !!! this isnt the first time you implied that an improper realtionship existed between me & the fish bowl…

You also sent me a nasty pm about it not to long ago…

The fish bowl has done a complete turnaround since BJ and his mom took the store back over…they are trying very hard to make that store a success …I am very happy that a store that is only 30 mins away from me is becoming a place where I can do one stop shopping,with healthy fish & inverts…
I am doing whatever I can to help them out…
If you have a problem with that -why dont you take it up with the owners of the fish bowl ??[/quote]

now girls, can we play nice?

this isnt the first time you implied that an improper realtionship existed between me & the fish bowl...
huh? I always thought BJ was Hottuna lOl

Nah! Im fishguy! But tuna has definately been excited to see what’s been going on at the fishbowl and has been scooping up some really nice stuff the last couple months!

Pics look good man! I really want to try to make it down there one day to check the store out!

Pics r something i need to work on getting more of… i just don’t think about it until all of the good stuff is gone! Lol

I don’t know much, but the pair of ORA saddle back clowns i got at Fishbowl last year at Jon’s fragging fest, at an outlandishly low price with the club discount BJ offered, are doing just great! Fat dumb and Happy. getting really big living in a giant colt coral i gots. They may be a mated pair by now. havent checked. they have grown to different sizes and seem pretty chummy!

Im not sure about tank size alone for tangs. I still have Al’s big old yellow tang and one of my equally large bistle tooth tangs living very happy in the 40 breeder filter sorta fuge for one frag tank. most of the space is taken up by a big glob of chaeto. but they are very happy with a bunch of channels and hiding places in and around it. I think as long as the tangs have space, blocked off from view of the rest of the tank, they are happy. i have been observing these two in this smaller, mostly chaeto filled tank for a couple years now. and they are calm, fat and happy!

time to retool that frame of thought of space for tangs , me thinks. I think its more line of sight. they like to hang in small , sheltered spaces of chaeto. at least in my tank. and when its time th harvest chaeto, theres almost no space to swim in. they just tunnel and scoot through the narrow openings to the next corner space, and seem to feel good about it.

yo Ken!! “I don’t know much, but the pair of ORA saddle back clowns i got at Fishbowl last year at Jon’s fragging fest, at an outlandishly low price with the club discount BJ offered, are doing just great! Fat dumb and Happy.”
Calling BJ names like that isn’t very nice. He may be happy, but the other two…

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:6, topic:2981”]

this isnt the first time you implied that an improper realtionship existed between me & the fish bowl...
huh? I always thought BJ was Hottuna lOl[/quote]

LOL

Hottuna is Ron

I would love to see a pic of the Fowlers tang. Are you 100% certain thats what it is? They are not easy to come by. What did you pay for it?

RE:Fowlers tang …yup thats what it is…If you call BJ before wed night I believe he might be able to order you one if sea dwelling has it…
Lately -they have been on the list …

They named a tang after a Fish Only With Live Rock system… must be the poor peoples tang, cheap?

Not sure if I can fit one in my 30long QT with my Goldflake…How small are they??? How much was it?

At approx. 2 to 3 inches, they r around 100 bux. Im gonna check the list tonight.

Im not sure that just because a tank is fowlr it is cheap… seems to me that a lot of the “reef safe” fish are on the lower end of the price scale. And most of the more expensive, big, coral eating fish r where u pay the highest dollar. (I know… this fish is indeed reef safe, and this is a generalization. Not the absolute rule)

The smaller the better. If you can get a 2" range fowlers let me know. Thanks BILL

My fowleri is about 2.5" …tiny…has nicely colored dorsal fin (orange) and a little of the same color on its bottom fin…
body is not the adult coloration…more like a washed out pale blue color…
These dont color up fully till they are about 4-5 " or so I am told…
I also got another rare tang from BJ not too long ago: its a Bariene Eyespot Tang…

rbu 1 : were you able to order one for this week from BJ ?

To add my :TWOCENTS I was in today and there are about six REALLY nice tangs in there, Powder blues, show size f/f tomini, and some others. I may go back for the annularis angel if I can sneak it past the wife. Really nice fish shipment.